• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cannot get it to work

Zero Serenity

Smash Rookie
So here's the battery of things that I did to try to get it functional, in order.
I started with the "NoHomebrew" method on a 4Gig SD card. Obviously this didn't work. I reread the instructions, saw I needed the homebrew channel to use larger cards so I "Letterbombed" my Wii. I then tried to use the GeckoOS method with the Homebrew channel, it got as far as starting the fight but noticeably, the title screen of the game was still white. I got in to a simple battle, picked some characters and a stage, got as far as "3, 2, 1" then the entire Wii froze. I tried this a few more times with different combinations of characters and stages then I put it down again.

About this time my girlfriend gave me a 2Gig Kingston Memory card she just happened to have. I thought "Great! Let me try the "NoHomebrew" method again." But my Wii kept freezing on the Stage Builder menu, or sometimes I got to look at the SD card's stages which would either lock up or show a never-ending loading screen. I had custom stages on the Wii itself, but nothing on the memory card.

Frustrated, I went back and decided to install the Riivolution 1.05 software and try that method. I installed the channel, plugged in the card and it seemed to recognize it's existence. I hit launch, waited a moment, got a black screen and it just started to hang from that point on.

I am using System Software 4.3u and the latest version of ProjectM with a legitimate boxed copy of Brawl.

Zero Serenity

Smash Rookie
Update: I talked with the chatroom and here's what I've been told: I skipped over the whole "need to delete all custom stages on the Console" so that blew up one method and Rii 1.05 does not work with Project M (need to go back to 1.04).

Problems solved then.

Top Bottom