• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cannot copy data onto SD cards in Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

-EXO-

Smash Rookie
Yes.. i got the game thursday, beat it on very hard, got every character and every stage with a friend. I go to copy the data on the SD card, but Brawl does not enabe it. I am angry... Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I remember reading a website about a thing that fixed this, I will try and see if I can dig it up for you.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Ah well, every man for themselves. At least we got to put stages on the SD card

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If I recall correctly, you can download an uploaded save copy and modify it while its on the SD card so that you can transfer the save. I forgot the exact details, but there is a site that has instructions on how to do this.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
-go to your wii's main menu
-select wii in the bottom left corner
-data management
-save data
-wii
-select brawl data
-copy to sd card

There you go.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
-data management
-save data
-wii
-select brawl data
-copy to sd card

There you go.
It's not that easy. Brawl blocks you from copying the data. Please don't post general assumptions as they do not help the forum.

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
-data management
-save data
-wii
-select brawl data
-copy to sd card

There you go.
yea it is common knowledge about saving data on an SD card. He is saying it wont owrk when he does. Probably because as of right now there is only one wifi enabled game that you can save with.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
make sure the SD card is not locked. if you dont know how, there is a little switch on the side, flip it and then try to copy again.

Chris

Zek

Smash Ace
Stop making guesses guys, Brawl saves do not allow copying to an SD card. A lot of Wii games do that these days. If there's an actual workaround I'd like to hear it.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
I havent looked in a while, is there an option to copy to SD and move to SD? (by move i mean take it off your wii and onto the SD, but not both at the same time?) If so transfer it to the PC duplicate it and move one back onto the wii.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Stop making guesses guys, Brawl saves do not allow copying to an SD card. A lot of Wii games do that these days. If there's an actual workaround I'd like to hear it.
I wasn't making guesses, it is a common mistake to not unlock the SD card. Sorry for trying to help

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
HAHAAHAHA.

Tell your friend to unlock it himself, lazy *******.
Maybe people don't want to play 30 hours of stupid unlocking bull**** and just want to start PLAYING the game. I'm surprised that someone that went to smashboards would post something as dumb as what you have just done, but then I realized your join date was in 2008 and everything made sense.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Can you just copy the data onto a computer then transfer it to another memory card. I know my computer has an sd card slot so I guess I'll try it tonight.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
HAHAAHAHA.

Tell your friend to unlock it himself, lazy *******.
They unlocked it together. Why have the option for 2-player mode without letting one of the two copy their data so they don't have to re-unlock everything again?

Sounds like a reasonable request to me.

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
They unlocked it together. Why have the option for 2-player mode without letting one of the two copy their data so they don't have to re-unlock everything again?

Sounds like a reasonable request to me.
agreed. some people enjoy unlocking things but I'm not one of them. this was a pretty bad move, imo.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I don't see any way around this problem. Say two people each already have save files established, and they go to play some coop events on the same Wii. They can't load BOTH of their files, so only one person will get the achievements. I'd think that if the coop play was done online, both people would get the credit.

EDIT: I can't speak English

Mama

Smash Ace
Theres bound to be a way around this. Nintendo can't be THAT ******** to not allow people to back up data. Then again they're not exactly the smartest company when it comes to pleasing the consumer. This issue doesn't really affect me tho. But there is always a way to lift data whether it be the easy way or a "gotta look online and find a fix" way

epi_adict

Smash Rookie
There has to be a fix or if there isn't one, one needs to be found this could seriously mess with tournaments since basically it will require every wii used to have the items unlocked... this is very surprising. At the very least I could understand not being able to copy it but not being able to transfer it at all...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Yeah, it definitely states in the instruction booklet that you cannot move a save file to an SD card. That's pretty black and white. Congrats to all the people who claim to have done it, who were obviously lying.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's been almost eleven years. I think he's got them unlocked by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom