• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cancelling b moves???

Status
Not open for further replies.

white peachy

Smash Ace
i've heard rumors that mewtwo's confusion and disable can be cancelled. please share. i would appreciate it significantly. i think i did it by accident once today but i doubt it. i have a feeling i'm not going to find out though so whatever i'll keep trying. you can PM me if you don't feel like posting it in public.

....ok nevermind i realize now that nobody knows if this is true or not besides mow, so i'm just going to see what i can find

pronstarpwnzor

Smash Journeyman
Seeing you cry, makes me feel like saying sorry
I figured it out after 3 months of troubling work, effectively being able to cancel his teleport into a confusion, and back into a teleport. Effectively doing this almost infintely is impossible, because you only have between frames 47-49 to cancel both moves, and they must be precise.

In fact, the timing is almost too tough, and I really can't see this being very effective besides for show. I have teleported across all of FD using this, but it is very difficult to duplicate. Thats all the information I am giving, so you can find out for yourself the appropriate timing.

ArC_man

Smash Ace
make a vid please

and dun worry.. someone w/ crazy tech will be able to master this and be able to teleport infinitely, rofl.. then they'll ban this tech from tournaments except for recovery, etc, etc, etc

edit.. how do u cancel teleport on frames 47-49 when it only lasts 32 frames in the air? >_>

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yeah, I would like to see this too, cause I am big into 'portin everywhere.

Besides, it wouldn't help M2 out *that* much for recovery purposes anyways. I very very rarely die unless I have been KOed from a powerful attack at high %. His recovery is already so **** good XD.

That said, i would love to get edgeguarded supremely, make my opponent think i am out, just to come back teleporting under the stage and to the other side and back up or some **** XD.

pronstarpwnzor

Smash Journeyman
Seeing you cry, makes me feel like saying sorry
meh, I messed up in the framerate, it was supposed to say 27-29, which is almost at the end of the teleport. Mow has more information that I am missing, but I've actually been able to do a "fake" teleport, which is essentially a bug that the programmers never knew.

I can't tell the framerates on when to do this, but essentially what happens is listed below.

After performing the up-b, you must instantaneously press down-b at the same time, while doing an airdodge. For some reason, M2 performs a half teleport, hardly moving from his original position, and immediately performing a disable without any lag after the teleport. It looks very strange, but it seems that he also gains a few invincible frames while performing the disable. It doesn't look like he even performs a teleport, but rather an airdodge seemlessly integrated into a disable.

Here's a clue...

Riddle me this... Riddle me that... A mysterious infinitely teleporting cat
To do this you must... Have faith... Trust
In all of your instincts, the buttons are near
Frames closer to the origin of the teleport... I fear
For if too much info is given away
The disable will cancel, leaving your opponent in dismay
Practice makes perfect, don't practice too long
For who knows if the truth be told thru a song
A gullable child always seems to be accepting
The distant chain of info... always decepting
Just ask around as the famous one knows
The truth to this riddle, is found in the "snows"
A mysterious cat with tricks up his sleeve
Mewtwo is top tier... You will be deceived.

white peachy

Smash Ace
wow.... keep posting what you find, i'm sure there are many possible uses to this that we haven't even found yet. anything that makes mewtwo even more cool to play with is worth learning, i've got lots of time now that i'm done with college so i'll keep working with teleport->confusion too. i have a feeling that it's not just rumors and there are more uses for teleport cancelling than we know.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ofcoarse they can be cancelled! Disable you can cancel with Falco's gun and Confusion with a long range no projectile attack... dunno if you ment this, well I dont care.

JGdoomofsteel

Smash Rookie
I don't think its possible to cancel Mewtwo's b moves except for one. You know the move when tap b to use the shadow ball move, well you can cancel it by pressing L or R (bring up your shield and do a side dodge).

Well, your kind of putting it away and holding on to it until you press it again to unleash it. Know what i mean?:ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom