• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[CANCELLED] Project M Gold: A custom build by DerpDino

D

Deleted member

Weird, I wonder why the images turn out like that when I upload them on imgur...

D

Deleted member

PM Gold Dojo Update!
Yes, every now and then I'll post screenshots of the build. Note that some things are subject to change in the future.

The Mushroom Kingdom from SSBM is one of the several stages in Project M Gold.
Luigi decides to give a tour guide of the land in his spangly new yellow outfit.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
This looks suprising. The first custom build of Project M I ever did was the Patt Anderson editon, so I can't wait to see how this turns out. Heck, I might even make one of my own!

D

Deleted member

PM Gold Dojo Update!

Some characters have their original colors changed to be more vibrant.
This effect can work well on some characters like Dedede and Falcon.

D

Deleted member

Alright guys, I'm just gonna give the spill and show everything this build has to offer once I'm done. Which by the way, will probably only take a couple hours/days.

D

Deleted member

Added screenshots to the first post so people know what to expect.

D

Deleted member

Nope, it can be done with both Hacked and Hackless Project M.

D

Deleted member

Alright guys, v0.2 is already on it's way. There will plenty of new hacks in the next update, so it may take a while, so for now here's a teaser pic!

By the way, you guys are free to give suggestions for the next version!

Last edited by a moderator:

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
Can you explain how to get this running I tried to put it on the root of my SD but my wii reads it as if there's nothing on it

D

Deleted member

Can you explain how to get this running I tried to put it on the root of my SD but my wii reads it as if there's nothing on it
Are you extracting it wrong? Remember, the apps, codes, private and projectm folders should be on the root of the SD Card along with the boot.elf and gameconfig files.

Last edited by a moderator:

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
Are you extracting it wrong? Remember, the apps, codes, private and projectm folders should be on the root of the SD Card along with the boot.elf and gameconfig files.
yeah i extract them to the root of the SD but it just wont read it

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
Is it a 2-Gig? Brawl shall only read data that is downloaded in a 2-Gigabyte SD card, for reasons that I am not aware of at the moment. However, this is a common problem that is often solved via the use of a 2-Gigabyte SD card, and as such I'd strongly suggest its endorsement should you not already be doing so.

Durnehviir

Smash Apprentice
its ok i figured out why it wasnt working i was putting in the gold folder not the contents within the folder it works fine now

D

Deleted member

Guys, I have had too many problems trying to get the game to boot up with the custom content I'm adding. Every time it freezes at the wrist strap screen, so the build is DEAD. :(

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I undestand man, I've been playing around too to get things figured out and it ends up freezing on me. I appreciate your effort!

D

Deleted member

where is it freezing?
I don't know. I tried deleting so many things, but every time it froze. :<

Though, I am thinking of starting it over from scratch with a new name and everything. And to try and avoid the freezing. What do you guys think?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I don't know. I tried deleting so many things, but every time it froze. :<

Though, I am thinking of starting it over from scratch with a new name and everything. And to try and avoid the freezing. What do you guys think?
I think you should get your next build solidified without errors and then release it. I would take your only your favorite hacks from your current build, make sure none of them freeze the game and then slowly add to it, checking each one for freeze issues. Its almost impossible to determine whats freezing your game if you have a lot of untested hacks on your SD card.

Have you tried reformatting your card?

Top Bottom