• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Canceled)TAMUCC SSBB invite- Corpus Christi,TX-April 26th

Ic3

Smash Cadet
OK i just got this email, woke up to go to work and this is what i was sent.

"I am sorry to inform everyone that the Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament has been canceled. Due to a incensing issue we had to cancel the tourney. We will try for another one maybe in the summer if not than maybe in the fall. Thanks for signing up and I am sorry to have to send this out.

Regrets,

CS Tournament Committee"

Basically im guessing they had some kind of problem with the campus. I'm pissed because not only did me and my friends go out of our way for this but i posted it on here in faith they wouldn't screw me over like this. I'm very sorry guys, tournaments canceled for now.

This is a bit late notice but, this isn't actually my tournament, im just posting in order to get them more support. This tourney will be hosted by the computer science club at Texas A&M Corpus Christi. Its to benefit the club, so don't expect huge prizes.

This is the rules they sent me: "1v1, single match, 3 stock (5 for the finals) or 8 minutes, same basic stage (final destination), no items (final smash not allowed, either), no handicap, same character throughout tournament

By keeping the character, stage constant, and not allowing items we're doing our best to avoid any cheap tactics or controversy. The exception to this may be only one single match, but we're strapped for time on the event, unfortunately. Please note that these rules are not final either, and are subject to change, but you can expect something very close to this."

"The tournament officially begins at 4pm located in the UC, Bayview Room 320. However, it would be best to show up a little bit earlier"

You can pre-register by sending an email to cstournamentcommittee@yahoo.com

Entry fee is $5

The prize for first will be a $50 gift card, second $25 dollar gift card.

they said anyone is welcome to join, so if anyone wants to come out, id love to have some more competition.

If anyone needs directions message me

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
One character for the whole tourney?
And I'm telling some peeps that i know play brawl to go so idk if they will or not, you know to help the community, but try to find an old tourney thread and read those rules. I know you don't want to go all out and stuff but pick some things here and there.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Trying to get some1 to cover my shift for this saturday atm. If i can successfully do that, ill drop by there.

also a time would be nice for this too. :)

Ic3

Smash Cadet
yeah, i just sent them an email trying to get a definitive time, last i checked was 4, but once i get time and exact location on campus ill edit original post.

As for the rules, i agree i hate the rules but its not my tourney, so im just gonna do best i can with their rules, im just glad they dont want to use items.

thanks for support hopefully cya there

Ic3

Smash Cadet
They said sry for the slow response, but heres what they sent me:

"The tournament officially begins at 4pm located in the UC, Bayview Room 320. However, it would be best to show up a little bit earlier"

You can pre-register by sending an email to cstournamentcommittee@yahoo.com

edited to main post also

Ic3

Smash Cadet
Yeah, i wish it was more too, but its for their club to make money so i cant blame them(I'm not part of the club and have never actually met anyone in person, just saw a flyer on campus and emailed them.)

Least i have one good person confirmed, im taking my 2 roomies with me, and they said they were expecting 32-64 so should be a good tourney.

If anyone needs directions to campus or where on campus its at message me and ill tell u.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Yeah, i wish it was more too, but its for their club to make money so i cant blame them(I'm not part of the club and have never actually met anyone in person, just saw a flyer on campus and emailed them.)

Least i have one good person confirmed, im taking my 2 roomies with me, and they said they were expecting 32-64 so should be a good tourney.

If anyone needs directions to campus or where on campus its at message me and ill tell u.
Don't count out smiley, he's pretty good to ( trained him myself ;) lol )
\
and yeah some directions wouldn't hurt

Ic3

Smash Cadet
Ok so you just take SPID to Ennis Joslin. Take Ennis Joslin to Ocean Drive, and take a right on ocean drive. After the bridge Campus is to your right. Once on campus heres a map http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/icedragonzealot/?action=view&current=tamuccmap.jpg

yes it sucks but best i can do, haven't slept in 50+ hours. As i said its UC 320, its the big building go to the huge round food court, and go up the stairs or elevator to third floor and the room is right at end of the stairs. If you want my number just in case, message me, im not posting it on the forums.

Ic3

Smash Cadet
heres email i just got, im pissed and hate already sent them some hate mail. I have to go to work sorry cant explain more

I am sorry to inform everyone that the Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament has been canceled. Due to a incensing issue we had to cancel the tourney. We will try for another one maybe in the summer if not than maybe in the fall. Thanks for signing up and I am sorry to have to send this out.

Regrets,

CS Tournament Committee

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
in away its kinda ok... since i was on the fence about going... and that only gives them more time to organize an ACTUAL tournament, not one just for us... but that will actually benefit the club.
Well you know where to reach me... but this still doesn't mean we can't grab some sonic and play lol :)

thats cause i told my mom it was college students helping us to study for our TAKS lol
o well

Top Bottom