• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

canceled, g'ville stole my hype.

C.J.

Smash Master
Since RedHalberd's birthday is on the 16th, and it's a way to get people to see this, my first tournament:
Happy Birthday Halberd

I would like to host a tournament every other month or even do monthlies if there's interest. For every 20 people that come, I'll add $75 to the pot as a bonus, and, I'll do this for all my tournaments in order to hopefully bring some hype to them. For this one, $75 bonus guaranteed (for first place).

The Venue:
1013 Montezuma Drive
Bradenton Florida, 34209

Schedule:
Saturday, March 27th
Registration 10am-12pm
Doubles: 12pm
Singles: 3pm

Tournament won't be delayed for anyone so please be on time. We will be lenient so if you show up between 12:00pm and 12:30pm you will be placed in losers bracket. After 12:30pm however you will be disqualified.

Please bring setups!! I'll have 3 full set-ups and 2 or 3 extra TVs.

Fees:
Door fee: $5 dollars
Brawl: Singles $10 entry fee
Brawl: Doubles $5 each teammate entry fee

Payout:
1st: 60% of the total pot
2nd: 30% of the total pot
3rd: 10% of the total pot

(If people want a bigger pot, I can change the entry fees to more if enough people want me to.)

Ruleset

3 Stock Rounds

Friendly Fire: On

Items: Off

Timer: 8 minutes

Life stealing allowed in doubles

Double elimination

Stage striking

Mage's DQ rule

If the timer runs out, the winner is determined by whoever has more stocks. If both players have the same number of stocks, then the winner is the player who has less percentage. (Or, 1 stock duelist pro (if somehow both agree to it), would be far more entertaining at least)

Either player can call a double blind pick first round.

Rounds are best of 3 with loser's and winner's finals and semifinals and grand finals being best of 5.

Stalling is banned. I'm not going to impose a ledge grab limit, you all know what stalling is. Work it out yourselves, otherwise the team/person who played less gay wins.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing the game, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

In the event of an dispute for controller ports or character color choice, both players will play Rock Paper Scissors for it. In teams, controller ports should be assigned in the 1221 fashion. Loser of each game can ask for controller ports to be changed.

Dave's Stupid Rule: No player/team may choose the stage that that player/team won on previously in the set (unless agreed upon by both players/teams).

The Gentleman's Rule is in effect. This means that, if one player wants to put it to effect, infinites will be banned for that particular set. If no mention of the Gentleman's Rule occurs, then infinites are allowed.

Stages:

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Pictochat
Everything else is banned unless both players agree on it.

Food and Drinks:

Nearby there is McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Subway, Arby's, a Greek place, and a bunch of other random places. You can order pizza from here too. There should be some sodas and random snack food here for you all. Tell me if you leave and I'll put your game on the back burner until you get back.

Contacts:
C.J. - 941-896-2988

If you need housing I can provide a fair amount on Friday before or that night, just call and let me know.

C.J.

Smash Master
Halberd's the 16th, I'm the 19th, Scary is the 27th... March=tampa smash bday month?

C.J.

Smash Master
lol getting buried? Come on guys, people need to come to this!

Top Bottom