• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canadian Tournaments, see you there!

BentoBox

Smash Master
I'll definitely be entering this. I'm not sure who I'll be maining, but in the 4 rounds I've played so far, my favourite has been ROB.
Well the game will have been out for a little more than a month =o You'll have time and hands on experience to think about that :D

Such great news!

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
Well the game will have been out for a little more than a month =o You'll have time and hands on experience to think about that :D

Such great news!
I think that I will probably play as marth (I hate the tier people who think I only play him becaue I think hes top tier not the series and game) and Metaknight

NDUDE

Smash Ace
The one time Canada does something cool, they do it well by keeping the prize decent-sized and not completely out there. They even give you time to experience the game. NOA on the other hand, after much experience with contests and promotions, STILL makes a rather unfair tourney by keeping it in very few locations with odd rules and a WAY huge/out there prize, and they don't give you a chance to play the game first...-_-...Still, have fun, Canada!

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome, but timed eliminations?

<_<
I'm assuming its for time restraints. Everyone is going to be signing up. Yeah, Canada does usually get gimped in contests and what not. I find it strange however that some people are acting like we are a poor and impoverished country and this is the first time that we get anything of significance. Or am I just reading into it too deeply?

I'll do it. I'm glad they give us some breathing room to actually try out the characters. Anyone from BC going to the Vancouver ones?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'll definitely be entering this. I'm not sure who I'll be maining, but in the 4 rounds I've played so far, my favourite has been ROB.
I'll be there with Meta Knight and/or Top Tier Link aka Young Link aka Toon Link (who actually might be top tier this time around >_>) .

See you at Metro? Or maybe I should avoid the other BC Smashers and bus up to North Van XD But then again, TEAR will likely be ripping it up in Richmond ;)

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
The one time Canada does something cool, they do it well by keeping the prize decent-sized and not completely out there. They even give you time to experience the game. NOA on the other hand, after much experience with contests and promotions, STILL makes a rather unfair tourney by keeping it in very few locations with odd rules and a WAY huge/out there prize, and they don't give you a chance to play the game first...-_-...Still, have fun, Canada!
Good for you Canadians!
thanks

I think that it was a bad move to make the US tourny so close together and not give you time to practice too, its really unfair.

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there with Meta Knight and/or Top Tier Link aka Young Link aka Toon Link (who actually might be top tier this time around >_>) .

See you at Metro? Or maybe I should avoid the other BC Smashers and bus up to North Van XD But then again, TEAR will likely be ripping it up in Richmond ;)
I'll be going to Metro. My house is near the Metro bus so its the most convenient place to go. I'm afraid of the competition though.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
**** yes, there's a tourney in my city too >>

Awesome, I would've thought it'd be in edmonton or something, but no, it's
Calgary! Awesome! and the finals are in toronto, so I'd already have
a place to stay if I got to the finals...

as for the grand prize, do we win a gift certificate or anything, or just
a trip to the store?

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
**** yes, there's a tourney in my city too >>

Awesome, I would've thought it'd be in edmonton or something, but no, it's
Calgary! Awesome! and the finals are in toronto, so I'd already have
a place to stay if I got to the finals...

as for the grand prize, do we win a gift certificate or anything, or just
a trip to the store?
It doesnt say sadly... but I would expect it to be good...

higgins

Smash Apprentice
I couldnt find where the locations are but is there going to be one in Winnipeg and where if there is one???

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
I couldnt find where the locations are but is there going to be one in Winnipeg and where if there is one???
Qualifying Rounds
April 4-6, 11-13, 18-20 See below for locations
Fridays 5pm - 9pm
Sat. & Sun. 12pm - 4pm

Regional Semi-Finals
April 26 *Visit participating stores for exact tournament times and dates.

National Finals
May 3 Toronto, ON (Details to follow)

Vancouver Locations
EB Games Richmond Centre, Richmond (604-278-0477)
EB Games Park & Tilford Mall, North Vancouver (604-980-5210)
EB Games Metropolis at Metrotown, Burnaby (604-439-1705)

Calgary Locations
EB Games Sunridge Mall, Calgary (403-280-2688)
EB Games South Trail, Calgary (403-257-4498)
EB Games Chinook Centre, Calgary (403-212-0213)

Toronto Locations
EB Games Heartland Town Centre, Mississauga (905-568-7688)
EB Games Queen's Square Centre, Etobicoke (416-621-2600)
EB Games Shoppers World Danforth, Toronto (416-698-9311)

Montreal Locations
EB Games Quartiers DIX30, Brossard (450-676-8269)
EB Games Centennial Plaza, Dollard Des Ormeaux (514-684-1881)
EB Games Carrefour Angrignon, Montreal (514-368-4506)

Halifax Locations
EB Games Young Kempt Centre, Halifax (902-454-4913)
EB Games Chain Lake Plaza, Halifax (902-450-5666)
EB Games Halifax Shopping Centre, Halifax (902-455-0680)
there you are...

kidicaruspwner

Smash Rookie
is there an age limit, like the U.S. one? cause if so, that's the end for me :( I'm only 14. I live 3.5 hours out of Vancouver, but still wouldn't be able to go. :( My parents don't get gaming that much, especially my dad.

P-Mario

Smash Rookie
The Stylish Gamer is here! :D

Interesting.....:p. I shall make my grand appearance at this event. o.o It will be stylish....and epic. :D

Drake3

Smash Ace
It's sooo funny that Ottawa isn't a location for this. Or did they forget it's the capital? Bah hambug.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
F*** yes! =D This'll be my first taste of competitive smashing ( If I can convince my parents to take me of course, >_>)

Love who we get some time to hone our skills beforehand. I'll probably end up using Meta Knight, Olimar or Snake, depending on who I'm better at, of course. And transportation is easy, considering I live in Mississauga, an hour's drive away from my house. *laughs maniacally*

I'm giddy. =3

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
really old info. plus there is a thread on this! (CLOSED THREAD)
1. Do not post if you contribute nothing

2. Show me the link if its "old"

3. Were you the guy who got baned (gangstajuice01) and just raise the number 1....

I'm sorry people I don't know if there is an age limit, I hope to find out soon though.

Voldey

Smash Rookie
Just lovely that i'd have to drive 3 hours to go to this awesome event. Woo

M.K

Level 55
Wow, the Canadians have more locations than the Americans!

...Is NoA being shafted down the importance tier? Bottom tier, man, bottom tier.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the Canadians have more locations than the Americans!

...Is NoA being shafted down the importance tier? Bottom tier, man, bottom tier.
NoA= North America right? Unless I'm wrong about the abreviation. Anyways, Canada is in North America.... >_>

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Seeya there Antonie!

Calgary is bigger then edmonton, and I'm hearing less and less about edmonton
every day, and more and more about calgary, we're booming (and it sucks)

AntonieFC

Smash Cadet
Seeya there Antonie!

Calgary is bigger then edmonton, and I'm hearing less and less about edmonton
every day, and more and more about calgary, we're booming (and it sucks)
Hey I'll need a sparring partner. I say the guys from Calgary bring the pain and win Nationals.

If anyone finds info on characters post it. I'm wondering if it will it be full roster or starting roster.

Or mixed.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'll need a sparring partner. I say the guys from Calgary bring the pain and win Nationals.

If anyone finds info on characters post it. I'm wondering if it will it be full roster or starting roster.

Or mixed.
There is no info besides that it will be 4 minute timed matches (uncertain on with or without stock as well)

Top Bottom