• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CANADA - Spefically OTTAWA

Locke)

Smash Ace
Maybe you should have renamed this thread: Ontario, specifically Ottawa. I odnt htink people out of province are gonna wanna smash casually. Anyways I have 3 other guys that would be interested in meeting/smashing with anyone in our area.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Interesting. Maybe I'm being mistaken for some other guy who goes by the name of Locke) ? How do you know this Jason guy? Age? Where he lives? This mystery must be solved!

Fogel

Smash Lord
Wow, an Ottawa thread? How did I miss this? It's good to see some more Ottawa people for once! Anyways...

I've run/helped run a couple of events in Ottawa in the past few years. Do any of you know a Garrett? He was one of the most well-known smashers up here for a while. We've run a few tourneys, but the last one was summer 2004. If any of you guys were at those tourneys, you might know me; I'm Cam. The only other Ottawa tourney recently that I know of was at AC-Cubed (an Anime convention) last month, which I won. Were any of you at that tourney? No one there really seemed to know any advanced stuff though so I doubt they know about smashboards...

Post if you're alive, it would be nice to get some kind of Ottawa community going. If there's enough interest I might try to hold a smashfest soon!

Locke)

Smash Ace
You've already met Mitch I believe. Me, him and two other guys in Kanata are interested in playing anyone outside of our circle. Talk to him if you're interested.

Fogel

Smash Lord
chet: Lies!

Locke: Yeah, I have Mitch on my MSN. He says you guys will be busy until January because of exams. I can play you guys whenever you've got time :)

Locke)

Smash Ace
mitch_guitar said:
An Ottawa smashfest would be godly. I just want to be 3 stocked by chester again :D
Yes Mitch that's it..lure Chester with reverse psychology...

It's not gonna be a 3 stock anymore =D

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
I think that our technical skills have gotten better as well as our mindgames somewhat, but we still lack ability to quickly judge an oppenents playing style, which hopefully just comes from playing other people.

Fogel

Smash Lord
If you're interested in an Ottawa smashfest, let me know if Jan. 28, 2006 (Saturday) is ok. If enough people can make it on that day, I will book a room for the smashfest then. I'm going to ask some other smashers around here too.

edit: 28 not 29

Hitokiri8

Smash Rookie
Finally! I can test my noob skills against you guys...if a smashfest is possible I'm definitely in! I can bring another noob friend too. can't wait to meet you all

Fogel

Smash Lord
OK, things are looking pretty good in terms of interest! I'll talk to the people at the community centre tomorrow. Assuming they have a room available, I will book it for the 28th and post the details here.

Kanata people: I live in Ottawa South, which is **** far from you guys (I know...I work in Kanata). Bussing down here, especially on weekends, takes a hell of a long time; over an hour in my experience. Driving up you can just take the Queensway/Hunt Club, so it's much faster. Do you all have access to a car?

Zabimaruu

Smash Rookie
Wasss up home boys I'm the "noob friend" hitokiri8 was talking about. Compaired to some of you I would consider myself a newbie. I'd like to play some of you and learn some new high tech moves. Anyways holla back if you wana get connected with this Ottawa smash bros. stuff goin'

PEACE OUT AND KEEP IT SAFE!

mitch_guitar

Smash Apprentice
Fogel, most likely we would have access to a car so it wouldn't be too bad and the 28th sounds like a good date.

Chester, how big is the ottawa U arcade thing? Cus I'm sure like 15 people would show up.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
well I should ask if we could get chairs. If we bring tvs, we could have 4-5 where the couches are, and some on the 3 ping-pong tables maybe.. I'm not sure, I'd have to check on monday.

Fogel

Smash Lord
chesterr01 said:
Fogel, are there tvs at your community center? If not, then I think we could go to the ottawa U arcades and rent the room for like, 5$/person.
No, we would have to bring all our own TVs to the community centre. How much would that Ottawa U room be per hour? I haven't booked the room at the community centre yet since I got home late today and they were closed. If the Ottawa U room is cheap enough I might consider it instead.

Would anyone posting here be able to bring a TV/cube to the smashfest?

Locke)

Smash Ace
Our crew would be able to bring a cube and a tv, the tv isn't very big though, like 17 inches... better than nothing I guess.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Locke) said:
Our crew would be able to bring a cube and a tv, the tv isn't very big though, like 17 inches... better than nothing I guess.
That's fine...my commodore 64 monitor that I'd be bringing is only like 13 inch, and doesn't have stereo sound :) Even bad TVs are better than no TVs at all!

Top Bottom