• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada @ FCD

Fogel

Smash Lord
Who from Canada is going to FCD? We need to organize our travel plans, this is less than 2 weeks away! I have some WestJet credit I need to use up, so my plan is to fly to Toronto on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, and then bus/train the rest of the way.

Bus tickets from Toronto -> South Bend are $205.90; I assume this is CDN dollars, and I'm not sure if that includes tax or not. Montreal/Ottawa -> South Bend would probably be a bit more since they're further away.

It looks like taking the train down is another possibility. The only train place I found that was useful to us is Amtrak: http://www.amtrak.com
I think the train would be more comfortable than the bus, but it's a bit more expensive ($251 and I'm pretty sure that's US dollars). Another problem is some of the transfer times are horrific; we'd have an 11 hour transfer there and a 9 hour transfer on the way back.

Flights to South Bend from Toronto are $550 and up, and it doesn't look like it saves as much time as I would have thought. Flights are 7-8 hours or so, vs. 12 for the bus/train, so I don't think taking the plane there is worth it this time around.

Although the bus ride last year wasn't fun, I'm pretty sure it's still the best option. I took a look at the schedules and these seem like our best bet. Again, this is using Toronto as the base city.

Bus there, leaves on Wednesday, July 11th
Departs Arrives Duration Transfers Carrier Schedule
08:00pm 08:30am 12h, 30m 2 GLC 2081

Bus back, leaves on Saturday, July 14th
Departs Arrives Duration Transfers Carrier Schedule
09:55pm 12:55pm 15h, 0m 1 LFL 0041

If anyone else has come up with something, or has their own travel plans, please let the rest of us know :)

Top Bottom