• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can you zamus in subspace?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
so i got past the whole zamus part... is it still possible to play as her rather than samus in the subspace?

MarkyR

Smash Rookie
I did it once.... but thats just cause a I fluked at the ^ v ^ taunt combo... I could never do it again after that :p

But, yeah, it is possible.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
cool i got it!!

ok the trick is... (works with both the gcn controller and remote+nunchuck) you turn the controller sideways and with your finger on the d-pad slide it really fast side to side. it works 90% of the time for me... but the problem is the other 10% of the time ends up with my finger burning up from the friction :p

MarkyR

Smash Rookie
Thats a lot better than how I was doing it o__o (I'd put one thumb on the up button and one thumb on the down button, and just hammer on it xDDD)

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
If you have to try a stage a second time, be it from failing and going to the map screen, or you only got a flag and are going for a crown, you can select which set of characters to use. Zamus/Pikachu is available IIRC. If not, and only Samus/Pikachu is, try using the c-stick. During the Great Maze, where you can select any character, c-stick over to flip Sam to Zam, and Zelda to Sheik. Other than that up down up is your only option.

How I do it: Put your first and middle fingers on the up/down taunts respectively. They will not be leaving this position or sliding in any way. I turn the controller sideways so move your hand (or arm?) left and right really quickly. It feels like you're just movign it left/right but it works. I don't know how else to explain it, but don't slide your fingers all over and tear the skin off.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I just place my thumb on the middle of the D-pad and wiggle it up and down, only takes about 2-3 seconds normally now.

RayJT9

Smash Rookie

Highlight Samus on the character select screen in SSE and press any direction on the C-Stick.

--Ray

Top Bottom