• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you wavedash into a edgehog?

Chuch

Smash Cadet
I was just wondering because i just fianly learned hwo to wavedash after three years

Another question i had was how often shoukd i wavdash in a match?

Also,is there a video abouy wavdashing and ofther ways to combo it?

Thnx so much!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I was just wondering because i just fianly learned hwo to wavedash after three years

Another question i had was how often shoukd i wavdash in a match?

Also,is there a video abouy wavdashing and ofther ways to combo it?

Thnx so much!
Yes, you can wavedash backwards off the stage and quickly grab the edge. It's one of the most useful uses for the wavedash.

There's no way for us to tell you how much you should do it. You can't win just by WDing back and forth; you still have to attack out of it. The great thing about WD is that you can do anything you can normally do from a standing position, and there's only a 10 frame lag.

Go to the "Complete Luigi Video Omnibus" topic and look at videos of Azen, Ka-Master, Ultra Luigi, ROFL, and Yagi. Watch how they use the WD to get around. The most important thing is to find ways of using it for yourself.

dyeout

Smash Cadet
Luigi's true powers come from his great wavedash and his floatiness.Wavedashing with Wegie created good mind games if done well.It also brings forth speedy attacks.Also the great shffl aerial attack wavedash combos.:chuckle:

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Ok you know its not like saying "Wavedashing is a good thing to have mastered when you are a Luigi player". That isn't true.

True statement: "Luigi cannot be played without wavedashing"

Wavedashing backwards onto edge for instant edgehog. Wavedash forward onto the edge for a wobble, then tap forward and you will fall off. From there either Fair them then jump back or jump back then Fair. An UpB will bring you to the edge. Wavedancing is a good mindgame too. Going so fast you can do anything out of it, your opponent won't know what hit em :p

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
When you're on the ground, you should be wavedashing. When you're in the air, you should be getting ready to hit the ground and start wavedashing. Instead of popping onto the ledge, it's nice to learn how to wavedash back onto the ledge. And when you're running...wait, you should never be running, you should be wavedashing. Smashes, tilts, and spotdodges can all be done from the wavedash, not to mention his taunt.

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
wavedashing should almost be replaced with running with Luigi, I mean it makes him faster and gives him a better advantage so why not just do it. You can do a lot of things with WD, Luigi is the Master OF the WaveDash

Bade

Smash Rookie
There really isn't a reason not to wavedash. But if you can't do it any time, every time, it can really screw you up. I know. I've done it. Thats why I practice it everyday.

Tharn

Smash Rookie
you should generally wavedash all the time... it helps him to make up for his lack of running speed.

luigi is fairly dependent on wavedashing from what i know..

so learn to master it and it will rrewardly greatly =]
Feh. I'd say he's better with WD but not dependant.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's dash cancel slide is longer than most charachter's wavedashes, but his wavedash is longer, faster, and better in every way. He could be played without WD, but only by an idiot.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
No, Luigi is one of two characters totally dependent on the wavedash (Ice Climbers is the other). Without the wavedash he becomes practically slower than Mewtwo.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, for luigi the WD is pretty useful, u can beat guys with long range attaks like marth just using WD, i use ir a lot with guys characters like him, but it isnt useful with character with proyectiles, because u wont dodge them using WD, so isnt usefull at all, just in indicated moments..

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
well, i WD when it nedded, sometimeis i got horny and i WD like a friking ice skater.. but i think u gotta use Wd almost in every time with luigi, its MUCH faster..

Top Bottom