• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you really DI out of dthrow cgs?

lain

Smash Master
Or other cg's for that matter? I don't believe it, but I keep hearing all sorts of stuff.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Not that I know of. You can DI the d-throw to spike though. And the NT-spike. Probably f-throw spike too, but I don't use that one. But as for alt throws, I hope not. :(

smaci92

Smash Lord
So you're saying they ARE DI'able at high %'s?
Just making sure you're saying what you are meaning to say...
:)
lol no...I guess I should've said that SOME chaingrabs are DI'able at a higher percent...like pikachu's dthrow chaingrab on a few characters. :)

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
How are their CGs escapable? I don't see how it's DI'able, it's like Popo and Nana playing catch. On the other hand, for Sopo only CGing by himself, is DI'able for some characters, but for fastfallers and some lightweights, they can't escape it.
The spike after the f-air is DI'able though and iceblock locks.

K 2

Smash Lord
They shouldn't be able to escape, since Popo (or Nana) catches the opponent while they are still in hitstun from the other person's throw. Since P and N are often standing right next to each other, there is no time/room to DI. A highly doubt it...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i think smaci was talking about SoPo dthrow chain which is escapable. all cgs with both ICs shouldn't be escapable unless the player screws up.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Supposedly, the way to escape a Sopo D-throw chain is to DI toward him, although it requires that Popo move/dash forward (if he doesn't move, he'll still be able to regrab you). I believe it is also possible to tech a Nana F-air spike (only above 25% obviously) when still on the stage, rolling away in the process (Fluxwolf, from Minnesota, did that to me a couple times before).

K 2

Smash Lord
Oh that one. I don't really consider that a chaingrab. I suppose the DI away to avoid the fair (or does the fair still hit them, but not spike them?)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Oh that one. I don't really consider that a chaingrab. I suppose the DI away to avoid the fair (or does the fair still hit them, but not spike them?)
the way that one is supposed to work is the spike is initiated right out fo the grab. it only misses is the timing is off. the downside being that if you hit them weird the get shot right in front of you, ruining any chance of an IBL.... so i just dsmash.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You cannot DI out of Alt grabs in any fasion.

You cannot DI out of Dthrow fair if they just place nana correctly.

Top Bottom