• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you play self-created stages on Wi-Fi?

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering this, too.
I've been told that you can't, which made me sad. But maybe that'll change?!

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
If they had a feature like they do in CS where you can just download the map right before the match you could. That might actually be pretty cool. It could provide the means for some really fun multiplayer.

Lithos

Smash Cadet
Ah, well. At least there's always local lol.

And you can still give your online friends the maps... you just can't play with them. :urg:

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
umm

Ah, well. At least there's always local lol.

And you can still give your online friends the maps... you just can't play with them. :urg:
whats the point of created stages if you cant wifi friend them? thats like baking a cake for a party when no one but you will be there. they just HAVE to be able to use made stages online... T_T

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Sucks that you can't play any custom stages online. I guess I'll just have to invite my friends over to my place in order to witness the awesomeness that is Saffron City :p

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Sucks that you can't play any custom stages online. I guess I'll just have to invite my friends over to my place in order to witness the awesomeness that is Saffron City :p
That is really what I am most excited about with the stage builder. We can recreate all of the old stages that we loved best. :D Saffron City baby!

DQP

Smash Ace
i'm afraid you can't play it on wifi even with friends.

i mean, to not be able to play custom stages against random players is understandable, but not against friends? that's just ridiculous

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing this is because the stages aren't loaded up by your actually Wii, it's uploaded by the server? So if they don't have your stage to upload then they'd have to download it from you and then upload it for you and your friends to play on, or your own Wii would have to upload it, which I'm guessing would take up too much bandwidth and create too much lag.

I dunno. Makes sense to me.

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
****, it's a shame, now I won't use the stage builder so much

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
some people say you cant and some people say you can...nobody knows.im sure someone with brawl could tell us or wen brawl comes out in the US

beige

Smash Rookie
I'm not quite sure on this..I think you can't, but again, I'm not fully sure.

Top Bottom