• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you play as your Amiibo?

_gold_

Smash Master
You'll have to excuse me, I'm late to the bandwagon here. Anyways, I just bought a Pikachu Amiibo. I logged it on, it's registered to my Wii U. Cool. But then I get to the roster and I can't figure it out... how do I play as my Amiibo? Can you actually play as your Amiibo or is it only a computer player? Can I use a GC controller?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It acts as a fighter you "train." You give it custom moves, equipment, it levels up, it learns from your fighting, etc. It's not something you play as; think of it more as like a training buddy or a student. So no, you can't play as it. To use it in a match, make sure there's an empty slot for a player and scan it in on the NFC sensor on the Gamepad.

yogo540

Smash Rookie
The only way to play "with" your Amiibo right now is to be on the same team with it. In all other cases, you'll be fighting it.

Top Bottom