• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you burn a SSBM ISO to a mini CD to play on GC?

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
I looked high and low for a tut on how to burn ISO's to mini CD's that are the shape of GC discs, if anyone knows please let me know.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Yeah but you have to install a modchip like the Xeno. It's a solder install with extremely small solder points. I took it to the head hardware guy on my school's robotics team and he couldn't do it. And this modchip is supposed to be one of the easier ones to install. -_-

Don't waste your time with it. I wasted a lot of money and time trying to make this happen, and now I have two modchips, a bunch of mini dvd-Rs, and a gamebit gamcube opener all sitting around collecting dust. Just softmod a wii, trust me.

Kadano

Magical Express
I have a Gamecube and a modchip (Qoob Pro, pretty much the same as Xeno) too; I was able to install it without having had soldering experience. I used a pretty big solder iron too, would have been way easier if I'd had one with a smaller tip. It did take me a few hours and one or two of the soldering spots had a different surface so the soldering tin came off and I had to resolder it one or two times. You also need an ohmmeter to tweak the laser pot.

Not all mini-DVD-Rs are compatible with the Gamecube. I couldn't find any that worked so I bought full size DVD-Rs and had a friend cut out the Gamceube's casing to make them fit.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
well soldering, is a little much. is there any website that sells cheap wiis

CaptainFabulous

Smash Cadet
Is your wii incapable of reading DVDs? I'm assuming so since softmodding your wii to run DVD backups would be infinitely easier.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah I have the xenogc soldered to my gamecube. Plays games on mini dvds.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Man chain-ace, did you solder that? I'll pay you to do that for me if I bring a mainboard and chip to a tourney. :-)

Kadano

Magical Express
Yes, just google harder.
I have downloaded all necessary info to install a Qoob Pro, so if someone wants it, I’m happy to share it.

Top Bottom