• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Yoshi Chain Grab?

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Yeah, Yoshi can chain grab certain characters. IIRC Yoshi can chain grab Meta Knight, Lucas, Squirtle, Ganondorf, Falco, and Sonic (not sure about the last two)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Not only can he grab release Meta Knight and many others...

...but he also actually chain a forward throw on them at varying percent ranges, so do some experimenting. It's good for mixing it up, even if just a little bit.

Doodah, would you really pick up Yoshi for Meta Knight, though? Aside from the grabs, it's a pretty tough matchup. o_0

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Well I dunno I play DDD, Zelda and Yoshi.

I've beaten Rx-(the MK player who wins all the FL tournies) with DDD in tourney.

But then I lost to another MK player cuz he kept shield stabbing me with tornado.

I think Yoshi will be a good mixup, plus cg to the egde could potentialy be a spike if they DI it right.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Ah, I see. Well, beat some @$$ and let us know how it goes. ^_^

D

Deleted member

Trust me, u really dont wanna use yoshi for MK. OO i played rx online xD, almost beat him. Its hard to get grabs on most mks, but yes u can cg.

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
i don't think yoshi has that great of a chance if he DOESN'T cg mk. get him to the edge, toss him forward, rain eggs. that's where i've had success.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I really don't like the mk yoshi matchup too much either, the tornado destroys yoshi if they use it at the right time. But I have learned that neutral B goes through tornado which is useful, and yeah pivot grab pwns mk as well, and just like meta dude said, cg to the edge f throw then rain them eggs on him. :p

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I really don't like the mk yoshi matchup too much either, the tornado destroys yoshi if they use it at the right time. But I have learned that neutral B goes through tornado which is useful, and yeah pivot grab pwns mk as well, and just like meta dude said, cg to the edge f throw then rain them eggs on him. :p
Grabs outprioritize pretty much every move in the game, and Yoshi's extended grab (both the regular one and Egg Lay) makes it a great Mach Tornado counter. Pretty much every tornado gives you a free CG if you can predict it well.

Top Bottom