• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we talk about this?

Crudele

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xbulsajawnx
I haven't seen anyone discuss this yet, so has anyone seen this spreading around twitter?

ESAM writes it off as "SDI up from jab, fair traded with a hit of rapid jab, hitstun made the second fair connect. Oww."

But I'm not too sure, because I somehow did this last year, around when the game first came out:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Definitely nothing to trade on Ness's body during PK thunder.

Has this happened to anybody else, or has anyone tried to replicate it?

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm pretty sure that Zelda got hit by the tail of Ness's PK Thunder in that second one, probably becase F-Air's animation has her stretch her leg and made it come into contact with the tail at the same time it hit Ness.

Crudele

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xbulsajawnx
I'm pretty sure that Zelda got hit by the tail of Ness's PK Thunder in that second one, probably becase F-Air's animation has her stretch her leg and made it come into contact with the tail at the same time it hit Ness.
Like, Zelda's hurtbox shifted during fair to trade with PK Thunder? I guess that makes sense, it just looked like the PKT was so far away from Zelda that it couldn't have hit her. Here I thought we'd maybe have some tight new Zelda tech to hit L-kicks TWICE :/

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Like, Zelda's hurtbox shifted during fair to trade with PK Thunder? I guess that makes sense, it just looked like the PKT was so far away from Zelda that it couldn't have hit her. Here I thought we'd maybe have some tight new Zelda tech to hit L-kicks TWICE :/
Yeah, that's pretty much it. You can even see that Zelda took damage from the PK Thunder tail.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
There's a hitbox on ness' body that occours at some point during pkt as well.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Yeah. ESAM is right. In the Falcon video, Zelda can DI upwards to get out of his rapid jab since she's so light. If she inputs the fair immediately, she can hit Falcon in the middle of his combo. She got hit by the rapid jab as the fair came out which cancelled her endlag and, since Falcon was in hitlag, he couldn't do anything against the second fair. This is a result of the Zelda player spamming the a button while holding towards Falcon as he's doing his rapid jab.

As for the Ness, video, the other folks are right in saying that the tail of PK thunder came into contact with Zelda. The tail is deceptively long. The tail traded with her first lightning kick and cancelled her endlag so she could hit Ness again while he was in hitstun. Again, a result of spamming the a button while holding towards Ness. Looks like PK thunder turned Zelda around allowing her to bair instead of fair which is even faster and more powerful. That's funny.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm making this my goal on FG today.
Double Lighting Kick > Bye ***** (down taunt) :secretkpop:

Crudele

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xbulsajawnx
Well, apologies for the false alarm! Maybe we could turn it into a 42% punish on rapid jabs?

Or it can continue to be a random "yeah, I meant to do that" thing :secretkpop:

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
How many characters would this work on? Greninja's too short, and shiek lowers her body too much, I think - maybe Rosalina or Robin? Probably has something to do with Falcon's high rage doing more knockback and making SDI easier

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
How many characters would this work on? Greninja's too short, and shiek lowers her body too much, I think - maybe Rosalina or Robin? Probably has something to do with Falcon's high rage doing more knockback and making SDI easier
would depend on what low knock back moves a character has. I really don't think it's worth investigating except maybe the quick wake up out of hit stun, last I remember falcon's rapid jab finisher had more hitstun

Edit: upon further inspection that's just more hits from rapid jab not the finisher, my b

Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
That's an interesting case of a transcendent hitbox (sweet spot doesn't clank) with high hitlag (1.5) trading with another hitbox and trapping the opponent in enough hitlag to be able to get hit again by the same attack.

Top Bottom