• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can we talk about the rosa matchup?

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
I hate this match up mainly bc i dont know what to do. i cant use nanners bc she absorbs them and even if she didnt luma takes the hit any way. On top of that i dont know how to get in all of her moves seem impossible to punish for me. Can someone experienced in this matchup break it down for me?

Andrew_Ryan

Smash Cadet
Yeah it's a tough matchup. I think the key is getting her in the air, because she doesn't seem to have many "get back down" options. And dat' up air. Approaching can be tough, but Diddy's fair is just sooooo good. Also remember not to pummel too much :p

SAX

Smash Ace
Side-B isn't the end all be all against rosy. Good rosy players will just pivot star bits and stuff it every time. However? It is important to know the the kick part of the side b kills Luma almost every time.
I know this might sound silly, but you literally have to "Just dont give her space and when u make her approach just hit her with better moves". Use lots of fair and DTILT for trying to approach. Don't give her any room. Stages like battle field are really good, you wanna stay below her and catch her landing.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
sh fair destroys luma and is fairly safe...pull nanners to bait the rosa into using gravity pull (down b) and punish her with a grab. Diddy has a good amount of tools to take care of rosa. Holding nanner in shield is really strong when the rosalina is trying to get back to the ground as well. They will either try to land with an aerial in which you can block - nanner into grab, or they will try to ff and land which you can catch with a side b.

Top Bottom