• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can we please not call it lunar landing

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
i'm noticing this is catching on and i mean no disrespect to the author of the guide where the term is coined, but i feel like it's really inefficient at describing what you're actually doing. i find it more confusing than anything. a lot of the terms in the guide i felt were somewhat similar, i appreciate the creativity behind them but they really don't work for me.

this technique has potential to be one of the driving forces in her meta game in the long term and i am already cringing in advance at the inevitable "sweet lunar landing 0 to death" videos.

can't it just be something boring like autocanceled luma aerial? im sure someone can come up with something better and even more boring than that. i can't take credit for the technique but i'd also be okay with the "CraqAttack". just anything that describes what's occurring in the move. landed luma aerial? dunno, at least that's still similar to the phrase. grounded luma aerial? something.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Yeah people always wanna be "Check out this thing! I did this thing! IMMORTALIZE ME." Squirtle players do this all the time in the Project M boards, they name different techniques all these different stupid things, it's really obnoxious. "Super shell sling! Extra reverse double trouble turtle move!" Garbage like that.

I don't even know hat tech you're talking about lol

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
I've been calling it Luma cancelling, or L-Cancelling for short. It's not the shortest term possible, but I find funny, yet appropriate.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I basically agree with OP, it's literally just an autocancelled aerial. Rosalina just happens to have Luma to keep putting hitboxes out after her own attack is aborted.

@ Ogopogo Ogopogo Have Rosalina use an aerial (nair is easiest) just before landing. She'll land and autocancel before any hitboxes come out, but Luma will still do its version of the attack. If they're linked, Rosalina can dash, side dodge, jump, etc. while Luma is still attacking.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
@ Ogopogo Ogopogo Have Rosalina use an aerial (nair is easiest) just before landing. She'll land and autocancel before any hitboxes come out, but Luma will still do its version of the attack. If they're linked, Rosalina can dash, side dodge, jump, etc. while Luma is still attacking.
Ah, that's pretty neat. It's certainly a useful technique I suppose, but it still doesn't need a name as dumb as "lunar landing," or any crazy name at all for that matter.

Top Bottom