• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can the Ragnell hit below the ledge with Eruption?

VirusDigimon

Smash Rookie
With exceptions to warp recoveries, can Eruption hit recovering enemies from below ground level or will the auto-latch activate before the hitbox?

It's already a losing proposal, but I use it to mix it up a bit(although it doesn't seem to work). The only other option I have to edgeguard people on the ledge is to counter if they do a ledge getup attack or to jump and Fair/Nair(if they jump from the ledge) or to otherwise back up and let them back.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
You can hit enemies before their recoveries sweetspot the ledge, yes.

D

Deleted member 269706

Would anyone mind posting a video showing how it's done using default Eruption? I (along with several others) would really appreciate it.

VirusDigimon

Smash Rookie
Ike vs Ness link
Any other videos?
The first Eruption kill was more on the side than the bottom and PKT kinda has weird properties. The second kill was way above the ledge.

I've tried countless of times using it against Lucina/Marth and Mario trying different timing and can't seem to do it.
When is super armor active now? I've been getting hit a ton of times out of it compared to Brawl, which would normally trade when I unleash.

I'm also guessing this won't work with tether grabs along with warp recoveries.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Any other videos?
The first Eruption kill was more on the side than the bottom and PKT kinda has weird properties. The second kill was way above the ledge.

I've tried countless of times using it against Lucina/Marth and Mario trying different timing and can't seem to do it.
When is super armor active now? I've been getting hit a ton of times out of it compared to Brawl, which would normally trade when I unleash.

I'm also guessing this won't work with tether grabs along with warp recoveries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJv_9hWwCJY 7:38

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
If I'm not mistaken, super armor is only applied 75 percent through the charge of Eruption.

Top Bottom