• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone please tell me how the uploader managed to edit this scene...

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
...the way he did? What I mean is, what program did he use to get this result?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3dL2...eature=related

Basically the first part of the scene is untouched, but after about the part where the bird flies in, the music that played in the original version of this scene is replaced with a new track. And he managed to remove and replace the original BGM music without altering the voices in any way. What I'm wondering is what he used to do this? The best answer I got previous to this thread is this...

It's called sound editing. Telling you HOW to do it will take care too long for me to even care, but replacing tracks for another requires sound editors that can detect the music against the vocals (programs can detect this with varying success) and create a new channel of audio that splits them in two. Overlay that on a new BGM track, and you're good to go.

Again, the details of how to do this can be found online with a google search, but it's really not that difficult once you get it going. Think of it kind of like using Photoshop to strip layers out, where white noise is replaced instead of the audio to cancel out where the music is.

I tried the Google search, but when I check the sites, the technical terms they use are too unfamiliar to me to really tell whether or not they're talking about what I'm looking for, and I certainly don't want to get ripped off by paying for a faulty sound editor. Can anyone familiar with how these things work help me out?

Top Bottom