• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone make a video on how to Wave-Bounce?

Odeclas

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ulachagi
3DS FC
0877-1612-1511
All I've seen is the inputs, but like I have no clue how to do it, or what it looks like. Would be awesome if someone could make a video on how to do it :-)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Sure thing dude.
Below is a Brawl video. Same still applies for most of it. I have started the video when he is doing wavebounce gyro cancel.
https://youtu.be/Ov-UPi3lar4?t=3m43s
If you watch the entire video, the things that are diff are as follows:
the input for grounded turnaround gyro
the effect of reversing your up b in any way. (tho, the effect is generally the same with custom up b 3)
gyro cancelling

I'm going to plug my thread here too in case you need any assistance with gyro cancelling since it isn't the same as in Brawl.
http://smashboards.com/threads/important-gyro-cancelling-tip.383117/

Last edited:

Odeclas

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ulachagi
3DS FC
0877-1612-1511
Thanks! How important do you you think that Wavebouncing is to R.O.B.'s game? Like out of 10, how important do you think that it is to learn it?

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks! How important do you you think that Wavebouncing is to R.O.B.'s game? Like out of 10, how important do you think that it is to learn it?
11/10
Just don't try to learn that right away. Learn ROB as a char first. And then ease into implementing b-reversals and wave bounces.

SouthPawKarl

Smash Rookie
@ Mister Eric Mister Eric
In Smash 4, is ROB'S wavebounce supposed to have as much of a momentum shift as a regular B reverse? Whenever I successfully execute a wavebounce it seems like ROB only moves back about half a character length.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
@ Mister Eric Mister Eric
In Smash 4, is ROB'S wavebounce supposed to have as much of a momentum shift as a regular B reverse? Whenever I successfully execute a wavebounce it seems like ROB only moves back about half a character length.
Made this for you for demonstration.
I do a wavebounce, then b-rev, then wavebounce, and then b-rev.
Too me it looks the same. And it should. Perhaps you're not getting enough horizontal momentum when you're trying to perform a wavebounce?
Hope this helps!

Any VODS of someone using this in a tournament, specifically Smash 4?
The VODs of me using it in smash 4 are gone from the person's twitch. There was a player named Sideknow utilizing at least the b-reversals.
http://smashboards.com/threads/r-o-b-video-archive-thread.368827/#post-18770573

But as time goes on, you'll see these used more and more. It's merely a comfort thing for me atm. Both b-reversals and wavebounces have about the same end goal:
To juke your opponents and to either be facing towards or away from your opponent. If you're facing your opponent, you can be gearing up for a fair, a nair into a fair or u-air string, or even an empty landing into grab. If you're facing away from your opponent, you can use a bair to push yourself away.
Sorry for the lack of video evidence. Top robs aren't really using this atm. And for those ppl who played Brawl, a lot of them didn't utilize it either sadly. OCEAN did, Bees did, I did. Idk who else. Chibo did later in his career. So it may take some time in Smash 4 before you see it trending. I def use b-reversals to juke my landing tho. But I'm not good at using it to juke and then be offensive yet.

Sorry I'm rambling.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
sigh, accidental dbl post.

Last edited:

SouthPawKarl

Smash Rookie
I believe my problem was not canceling the gyro. I thought a charging gyro wavebounce would also go as far as a cancelled one.

Top Bottom