• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone link me a site on how to mod the wii??

DanceLouisDance

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-9158-5550
I used to have PM on my wii but that was a year ago, something happened and I ended up modding my wii again. now I don't know if that was okay or not and well I don't know if it entirely worked. this was months ago.. lol...

So I just want to know if there is a good site to mod a wii without a 2gb SD card.As I can't find one anywhere!! And because I really want to get into PM because I have a local that hosts all smash games on a saturday. (and so i can play based melee)

Weggieninja

Smash Rookie
Well, if you don't have a 2 GB SD card anywhere, you'd have to download the Homebrew Channel on your Wii. There's a chance that you can brick your Wii, meaning you'd pretty much have to buy a new one. Seriously, it's way better to get a 2 GB SD card and use PM hacklessly. They're cheap to buy and there's no risks involved.

Narpas_sword

Oh i missed that OP wanted to do it without a '2gb' card specifically. i thought it was 'an SD card at all'

Hacking your wii is nearly effortless and without much risk now. i've done 6 and helped many others do theirs without issue. The only chance you brick your wii is by pulling out the power cable while it's happening really. and thats just about as risky as tripping and spilling your coke on it or something.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bl_3QOOmN2WOeL4AUgmD5JiqM9l0HsIWoVychUB24NM/edit?usp=sharing

That guide will take about 30 min once you have the necessary parts/ software.

Top Bottom