• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can someone help the n00b?

omegaservo

Smash Rookie
I played melee and smash 64 growing up and was ok enough to keep playing it, and I've played brawl a bit but was terrible at the game, my attacks don't ever connect, timing is always off, I just don't understand why and now I'm having the same problem with the wii u version. Is there any suggestions out there to help me be a better smasher?

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
keep playing and thinking of what you're doing wrong. You should get better 392

Last edited:

Mackdack54

Smash Rookie
I was going to post a similar thread. I played the 64 version and now Smash 4 is the only one I have played more than once or twice.

I am curious of any hints or tips you guys who have been playing for a while could share. I'm using Toon Link and Mario as my mains. I like Bowser as well. I get handled in for glory but can usually win 1v1 against level 9 bots.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
You just gotta be in tune with your character's range and also expecting what the enemy character is going to do. the best way to do this kind of thing is to just play random all the time and adjust to every characters moveset so you know how to improve.

Or chill in training for a while to get a grasp on everything.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
For a start, I'd probably go into training mode often. See what moves aren't connecting properly and take a look at why they aren't hitting. Pay attention to what options you have, too. There are a ton of things you can do with your character instead of using a common move that may become predictable.
If you'd like to get better overall, I recommend playing people from the boards here and asking for feedback. I've done the same for the 3DS version, and I feel like I instantly learned a thing or two by getting my butt handed to me. Heck, I even survived longer as I kept fighting. Oh, and if anything, it never hurts to take a look at some of the guides and tips the users post here, whether it's on a specific character or general knowledge. Learning is only half the battle! :)

Top Bottom