• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone help me sweet-spot the groundpound?

keronshb

Smash Cadet
NNID
keronshb
Switch FC
4854 8398 6875
So apparently with Bowser's improved Down B, you can sweet spot it to break shields. I've never really fully understood sweet spotting before, I'd only get a desired effect (Luigi's Up B, Falcon's Knee, a random meteor smash) randomly instead of planned.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
You just have to be close enough that you hit them on the way up and down.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
I've broken multiple shield only on the way down. I'm pretty sure the Bowser Bomb has three hitboxes in Sm4ash: The hit on the way up, the actual drop itself, and a small "shockwave" of sorts next to you when you hit the ground.

To break shields, you need to hit the opponent with the center of your butt when you drop. Bowser's body hitbox will do most of the damage to the shield as well as push the opponent to the side slightly. From there, the shockwave hitbox does the rest.

Viola, free drop kick.

(Also, I wouldn't be surprised if stale move negation would stop the Bowser Bomb from shield breaking after a while. Not proven at all though)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The best is when you shieldbreak an opponent when they're next to the ledge--they pop up and fall alllllll the way down to their death and can't do a single thing about it. ;)

keronshb

Smash Cadet
NNID
keronshb
Switch FC
4854 8398 6875
Thanks guys! I only got this to work once when not trying for it, so I was wondering how exactly I did it. Now only if I can pull it off since it was pretty satisfying. Most people seem to dodge than shield in this game.

Top Bottom