• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can some help my sonic

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
Well... I can suggest going for a running grab a bit more... and I noticed you tended to stop trying to use homing attack after you missed a few. I really think you should try using that more if you feel comfrotable as your opponent is in a hell of alot worse shape then you are.

Hmm... sometimes you did an A combo after your dair touched ground. I dont know if you thought Shiek would end up infront of you, but a side tilt would probably be better.

Adobo916

Smash Rookie
I agree with tilts instead of that combo, i some time do that mistake. Also more spot dodging try to avoid getting locked down by small hits so spot and grab when you get the chance. Lastly the spindash try following it with a quick homing attack it seems to build damage a bit faster.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Learn to use both of sonic's b spin moves. As Fat Otaku said, grab more... dash>shield>grab/roll. Just make sure you utilize Sonic's ground speed as much as you can. I liked your stage spike attempt near the start where you ran off. Learn to edge hog with sonic. It's not like with everyone else.

NNID
MasterHavik
Well,I say tilt on the ground more,and don't be scare to Sonci dair edgegraud.It risky,but can grimp any character recovery.Well to my notice at least.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I agree, D-air edgeguard is really nice- if you hit them with near the beginning of the attack (maybe... under the first half/third of the fall?), it sends them horizontally, and you should be able to Single-jump>D-air and still recover from the edge of FD.

Around 1:55 you threw Sheik up and it looked like you were guessing and hoping your spring attack would hit her. If you want a u-throw to be in spring range for middleweights like Sheik, throw them at 110-130%

100-110% should be fine if you're expecting them to double jump, and 120% should be fine if you want to B-air, and 130% for U-air. Check out this thread for a better idea of how that kinda setup works and for an idea of when/where your smashes will kill, since I saw you U-air a few times when you could have killed with B-air instead, or try to B-air from a position that wouldn't have killed Sheik (it lowers your knockback, which is really important to keep, as Sonic).

Oh, a few times, I saw you try to use a surprise spring attack from under the level. The first time you did it, you caught the edge, then did a surprise F-air from edge. The last time you did it, you got killed and lost the match. Don't try to catch the edge with it, since you can't sweetspot it going up (i think), just go for the attack right away - in other words, use it a little higher to hit the edgeguarding Sheik.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Work on your recovery. Sonic has stupid good recovery options.
Always remember, midair jump comes after side-b when recovering.
Learn to use that wall below Final Destination's edge. Sonic can walljump on it, so that creates more options to mix his recovery up.

And as the others have said, always work on edgeguarding.

Top Bottom