• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can Sheik really be comboed endlessely by Fox?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik can be drill-shine/wave-shine infinite'd, but only by a very good and consistent Fox player against a Sheik who can't SDI. I don't know if Sheik can get hit by the turn-around Drill-Shine infinite, but probably not.

soap

Smash Hero
on some levels the fox can use platforms and upair you for a while, but the combo ends when you die

Randizzle

Smash Ace
Sheik can indefinitely be held in an infinite shine combo against a wall with drill shines, jc shines, or just waveshines.

On flat ground, sheik can be drill shined almost infinitely. As mentioned, the sheik player can SDI the drill kicks and break out of the drill shine. I don't believe that sheik can actually be simply waveshined across flat ground if the Sheik DIs properly (correct me if I'm wrong on this one).

To the uairs, you can sometimes get out of the uairs with SDI from the first hit of the u-air, but don't count on it. Getting juggled with uairs on a platform level is one of those scary oh **** moments that typically results in death or the fox player messing up.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even if you smash DI the shines, fox can still waveshine you along the ground. However you can mix up smashing down and smashing away to trick him to into Wave Dashing the wrong distance.

Impp

Smash Ace
Isn't smash DIing one of those really hard things to do that's on perfect control? Anyone know the frame window you get for it?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As many frames as there are frames of hitlag from the attack.

Top Bottom