• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Can perfect pivoting break your circle pad?

Ken_Master_v

Smash Rookie
I haven't got my hands on the full game yet and i only played the demo, but i've seen the perfect pivoting tech and i'm pretty scared that flicking the circle pad so fast may cause the circle pad to break. I mean, it's ok with Gamecube controllers and the rest of the controller options in the Wii U version, but the narrow area of the circle pad makes me fearsome that this happens to my circle pad.
So, do you think that the use of Perfect Pivoting could break your circle pad?

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I've been trying it for a while, and I can't manage to even effectively perform a perfect pivot unless I use right index finger.
I'm sure the C-pad will be fine simply because of the fact that this crap is just not worth it on a 3DS.

Last edited:

CaptainPressTheXButton

Smash Rookie
NNID
CptPressX
The jerking, I'd assume, would take a toll on your circle pad. When I play, I NEVER take my thumb off the Circle Pad while it is pushed in a direction or make any sudden jerks with it. The trick is to be very gentle, which sounds hard but actually isn't.

Moonboyjosh

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0361-8755-2433
maybe if you hit the **** out it... but.. literally the way to pivot is just letting go gently... not really slamming the circle pad in the opposite direction.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I haven't got my hands on the full game yet and i only played the demo, but i've seen the perfect pivoting tech and i'm pretty scared that flicking the circle pad so fast may cause the circle pad to break. I mean, it's ok with Gamecube controllers and the rest of the controller options in the Wii U version, but the narrow area of the circle pad makes me fearsome that this happens to my circle pad.
So, do you think that the use of Perfect Pivoting could break your circle pad?
Tried it. The amount of pressure you'd need to assert to do a perfect pivot is minimal at best. You just need to flick the stick and let your thumb slide off it at the end, so it's probably even less demanding than a pivot grab. If you think that'd break your circle pad, you're being too rough to even do a perfect pivot in the first place.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I don't know why and you can call me out on this but I don't really see the use of Perfect Pivots? Like, they might help in some very specific scenarios but overall I've never needed them.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
It's a mindgame tool. People are trying to make it the new Wavedashing, but it's just too limited to be like Wavedashing.

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
Well I've actually ended up having to replace my 3DS analog stick after I started pivot smashing a lot, so I would imagine perfect pivoting would have the same effect, if not be worse than pivot smashing. So far I've been able to attempt it in one direction only, and the input to do so just seems so fast that I'm afraid of needing to replace it again.

MAz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-9105-2451
Gentle movements don't bash the crap out of your stick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom