• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can online lag help lesser players?

BOP!

Smash Rookie
Or even just certain strategies? because I don't generally have a problem with formulated strategies like using an annoying projectile, but when I'm online and have lag I seem to get really caught up in crappy strategies that I don't think should work without the lag.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
sapmming and such, things that take timming to get around are more promanant online. So to a small extent yea, lag is gonna hurt but it hurts everyone, so if there is a large skill margin the better player will still win.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It doesn't take a lot to win online.
Join the Ike bandwagon to beat lag.

POKE40

Smash Lord
It depends on who you're meeting... and also how bad the lag is. Just always prepare for the wifi matches with little lag. It depends on your wifi connection really...

The worse your router/ wifi connection is => The more bad lag matches you're gonna face.

Just cross your fingers for people to have a great wifi connection.

If only Mario Kart Wii's wifi connection was just as smooth as Brawl's was. :)

I also forgot to add on depends on location and the company you have (example: Verizon.)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The first time I ever played online, it was so bad, I could go to the bathroom and get a Coke before the announcer said "GO!".
No joke.

I never played after that, I guess I just had someone with a terrible connection.

Dark Mew

Smash Cadet
Most of the time, there were people with bad connections. That rarely happens to me, but I just go on with the fight. The only thing that frequently happens to me is when I disconnect in the middle of a fight... Brawl is the only game where I d/c the most! ><

Ange

Smash Lord
The first time I ever played online, it was so bad, I could go to the bathroom and get a Coke before the announcer said "GO!".
No joke.
You have Cokes in your bathroom? Cool.

Reasons have already been quite explained, but less effective strategies rather works online then offline, such as extreme spamming.

I stopped Wi-Fi'ing after I fought a friend in the US, and it lagged LIKE ****, so yeah. Also I battled a friend here in Sweden, and it lagged a bit in the beginning. So after a few matches with either one, I gave up on Wi-Fi. /:

randomselect

Smash Cadet
Lag always seems to get me killed especially on FD. I suppose it could help lesser players to KO better ones with spam moves while their lag stops them from being able to defend right.

Top Bottom