• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Meta Knight Snake Dash?

Tomanator33

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to cancel his dash attack animation into a up smash, I have never been able to do this with Meta but have read that all characters can. So can Meta do this?

Elemental Knight

Smash Cadet
I've heard that the timing is extraordinarily difficult for MK and that it gets him little additional slide over his normal hyphen smash.

Shears

Smash Master
idk if it is possible. or at least probable. we slowed it down to 1/4 speed and tried and couldnt get it. now dont disregard my statement because im not a pro...yet ;). but if it is to be done with MK than it must be done within the first couple frames. seeing that a frame is 1/60 of a second and 1/4 speed would put a frame at 4/60 of a second or 1/15 which is only .07 seconds. in track .07 seconds is significant in any race 400m or less. now i can stop a watch within .07 seconds and clearly distinguish the distance and time between two runners at .07 seconds, however i cant manage the dash cancel to usmash with MK. im not trying to brag about my reflexes im just mathematically and realistically explaining the improbability of MKs ability to dash cancel to usmash. im leaving the possibility of this technique open, but to probability im saying no in a respect to the actual performance of this at .02 seconds in an actual tournament where frames are 1/60 seconds.

you could just dash and usmash which will slide you into your opponent while usmashing. this works under the same principle of a dash grab where you and your opponent will slide even while youre grabbing them.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
It has been shown to be possible with most characters, but certain characters it becomes a lot easier to do. Snake happens to be one of the easiest and also he gains the biggest benefit off of it. Frankly for how hard it is I would just rather dash and jam up on the C-Stick. He slides quite well that way.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but it's not really useful.

For reference, this technique is useful for (in no particular order):

Snake
Wolf
Falco
Fox
Link
Sheik
Wario
Jigglypuff

There might be others, but off the top of my head those are the ones that stand out.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
It can be done, and Meta does slide a little afterward. My sister did it by accident once. The timing must be fast, but I don't know how useful it is for Metaknight.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Snake Dashing (or whatever you want to call it with Meta Knight) actually makes his Up-Smash go less of a distance by "half a Meta Knight".

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
As I said before, the "snake dash" actually ends up making it go less distance.

Now the "boost grab" goes further by a very small bit.

Top Bottom