• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I just attend a tournament and not participate?

lensy

Smash Rookie
For instance, could I just pay the venue fee to watch the tournament matches? I plan to attend a local tourney this weekend, but I don't think I'm good enough yet to compete. I would, however, like to go to watch the matches firsthand.

DA K1D

Smash Cadet
Most TOs will let you play friendlies without entering bracket too, just venue fee.

D

Deleted member

You probably won't even need to pay Venue just to watch, in some cases.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Like others are saying, some TOs will allow you to just stay and play friendlies. The tourney scene is a lot of fun, so I recommend it, and you'll learn a lot by either just watching how people play, or by actually participating. Friendlies are a fantastic way to learn.

lensy

Smash Rookie
Thanks everyone for your replies. I've never been to a tournament, so I didn't want to show up just to be turned away! Definitely looking forward to friendlies if anyone would be willing to play me there.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I think that everyone will be willing to play with you. More likely than not, if you get stomped, like I did at my first tournament, they will give you tips on how to be better, or tell you what you are doing right, and how to improve what you did wrong.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
In short, Smash players are rad and tournament players need practice in between matches.

Every sportsman needs groupies, after all. I totally wanna be a smash groupie tbh. I need to find me a good smash player and date them....so I look good...because I drove them there *cough*

lensy

Smash Rookie
I think that everyone will be willing to play with you. More likely than not, if you get stomped, like I did at my first tournament, they will give you tips on how to be better, or tell you what you are doing right, and how to improve what you did wrong.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to learn lots from this first tournament. I just hope I'm not TOO awful, since I'm a girl and don't want to fuel the stereotype that girls can't smash.

In short, Smash players are rad and tournament players need practice in between matches.

Every sportsman needs groupies, after all. I totally wanna be a smash groupie tbh. I need to find me a good smash player and date them....so I look good...because I drove them there *cough*
You can also be that good smash player :) .

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Thanks! I'm looking forward to learn lots from this first tournament. I just hope I'm not TOO awful, since I'm a girl and don't want to fuel the stereotype that girls can't smash.

You can also be that good smash player :) .
You hittin on me?

Top Bottom