• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can i ask why you bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eep the defiler

Smash Apprentice
maybe this is just me but i think pichu is pretty much the worst character in the game

can anyone explain to me what pichu can actually do that doesn't make it terrible. and not any special abilities it shares with pikachu either, because then i could just, i dont know, use pikachu instead

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Pichu snurr!

Heh, sorry. Swedish. I don't know what it's called in English. Pichu roll? I guess they mean Pichu's down smash.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Pichu is as good a character as Pikachu. Pichu has more knockback on his moves and can combo like crazy. My Pichu is my main and my Pikachu really sucks. Pichu has his advantages and is just a fun character to play. Don't underestimate a Pichu player, we always have a trick or two in our arsonal of moves that will allow us to own!

Anther

Smash Champion
I really don't think he's close to equal to Pikachu :x...
Any matchup Pika has is twice as hard when playing as Pichu... Losing tailspikes, ThunderFlips, and Quick Attack really hurt : (

T0MMY

Smash Master
Pikachu > Pichu

The only thing going for Pichu is that I can win with him, whereas you will lose with Pikachu.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha tommy owns the thread again,

I like Pichu to fool around with in friendlies but truth be

Pikachu>>>>Pichu

HE HAS A WHOLE KA MORE IN HIS NAME :chuckle:

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
I stopped reading there.
I might want to put this differently. Pichu is as good a character if used to the same extent. Otherwise, Pikachu >>>>>Pichu. In the hands of a good Pikachu player, Pichu is crap and in the hands of a good Pichu player, pikachu is just so-so.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I might want to put this differently. Pichu is as good a character if used to the same extent. Otherwise, Pikachu >>>>>Pichu. In the hands of a good Pikachu player, Pichu is crap and in the hands of a good Pichu player, pikachu is just so-so.
Lol what if you play both of them and are good with both?

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
It really bugs me that on all this threads the low tier players ALWAYS say "OmG pIchu Is So uNderRated and if YOu plaY him RighT he iS GrEat"

Admit that pichu is one of the bottom two. Case closed.
And if you win with him then you are a great player, and its your skill and mindgames not Pichu.
I beat my great friend with Mewtwo and he was Marth. That matchup goes in Marths favor like 95-5 but my mindgames destroyed his Marth!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The tier list is based on the number of people playing that character. It does not mean #1 is say, absolutely better than #4 on the list (Fox vs. Marth). All it means is that in major tournaments, Pichu has been the second worst character in terms of popularity and placings.

Players in this thread are not saying Pichu is amazing. I would also recommend not making sweeping generalizations, Mr. "Mario is overrated." They're just saying Pichu has its differences from Pikachu that do still carry some advantage.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
The tier list is based on the number of people playing that character. It does not mean #1 is say, absolutely better than #4 on the list (Fox vs. Marth). All it means is that in major tournaments, Pichu has been the second worst character in terms of popularity and placings.

Players in this thread are not saying Pichu is amazing. I would also recommend not making sweeping generalizations, Mr. "Mario is overrated." They're just saying Pichu has its differences from Pikachu that do still carry some advantage.
Well it just makes me mad. You go on the Ness/Kirby/Pichu/Pikachu/G&W/Bowser/Yoshi/Y.Link/Luigi and there is ALWAYS a thread somewhere saying "Why is Luigi low tier???" or "Bowser is not in the bottom 5" or "Yoshi is better then most think" or "With pratice Kirby has GREAT potential"
Yes i was generalizing too much with this boards, but some people need to accept the truth!
There charactor CAN be in the bottom 5........ Even if they are good with them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom