• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Falco chaingrab?

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
It seems possible with up-throws against fast-fallers.

I usually just down-throw and laser then regrab, down-throw and laser and regrab = techchase.

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
He can't really. Uthrow can sorta work on fastfallers at 0% if they don't DI or anything, bthrow works if they don't do anything after they land, fthrow can work like three times at 0%, dthrow techchase is the only one that can work consistently, but it's not really a chaingrab.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
upthrow dont work you can jump asap so that dont work, a nice one is back throw but they can di and roll away ect only dthrow techchase

Mr.C

Smash Master
when people di fthrows and bairs wrong u can usually get an extra grab

Nurok

Smash Lord
usually when a falco chaingrabs it means 2 things:
1.the person is absolutly horrible and is a scrub
2. the guy you're playing is eating pizza while playing

so basically, falco can't chaingrab. at all.
(besides the dthrow for fox, which is easily escapable)
not trying to be mean

That's not counted as a chain grab. Anything esle Falco has like that is also not counted. He doesn't have one, and never will.

Mr.C

Smash Master
usually when a falco chaingrabs it means 2 things:
1.the person is absolutly horrible and is a scrub
2. the guy you're playing is eating pizza while playing

so basically, falco can't chaingrab. at all.
(besides the dthrow for fox, which is easily escapable)
not trying to be mean
ive 2x even 3x grabbed players like pc chris, caveman, flt etcetc
getting grabbed twice doesnt mean the person sucks
it means you got caught off guard and your opponent capitalized.

how do you think fox gets fsmashed from falco after a bthrow?
its because he DI up or towards the throw, its the same thing as getting in another grab from bad di but replacing the grab with a fsmash, and everyone and there mother has been bthrow fsmashed, every good falco player will try to get a quick kill from a bthrow fsmash and alot of the time it works
that doesnt mean the person sucks it means they made a mistake and got punished.

and since good foxs know bthrow fsmash is always a move falco can use
most fox's DI back so if the falco throws back another grab/fsmash/jab will not hit
so you can usually fthrow they DI wrong and get another grab
its very simple, easy and works vs everyone.

but technically its not a chain grab lol
but i had to point out 2x-3x grabs is possible vs even pros

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah mrc, thats too good with falco vs fox. dthrow like twice to make the fox DI away from the throw, then sneak a back throw-->fsmash, lol.

Nurok

Smash Lord
I'm just saying it isn't a chain grab and i believe a chain grab is like a 0-50% grab combo.
getting 2 grabs in is what i call a techchase.
But usually, if a falco can "chaingrab" a fox, it usually means the other person sucks(and by chaingrab, more then 50% combo using only grabs)

Mr.C

Smash Master
oh, well then yes if a person is grabbed to 50%+ from a falco they suck lol

Nurok

Smash Lord
falco
can
not
chain
grab
at
all
didn't you guys at least read mine and Mr.cs posts?
and Silent wolf.
Jeez...
a chaingrab is inescapable, and Falcos Dthrow is very easily escapaable.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
Falco has no reliable way to chaingrab any skilled foe. The closest thing to a chaingrab is his downthrow on fox and pichu. It is very viable to get a couple extra grabs out of this. HOWEVER, it is very easily DIed out of. If you're REALLY having trouble, just DI away, and hold L/R and the cstick the same way you're DIing. This should make you roll away from falco about as soon as you possibly can.

Now, simply because you can't chain grab with the down throw doesn't mean it's useless. If you watch some of Bombsoldier's videos versus Fox, you can see he uses dthrow-dsmash a lot...this is almost unstoppable, so I'd say abuse it as much as you can (without your opponent catching on of course ;) ).

Cheezzhead

Smash Rookie
Falco has no reliable way to chaingrab any skilled foe. The closest thing to a chaingrab is his downthrow on fox and pichu. It is very viable to get a couple extra grabs out of this. HOWEVER, it is very easily DIed out of. If you're REALLY having trouble, just DI away, and hold L/R and the cstick the same way you're DIing. This should make you roll away from falco about as soon as you possibly can.

Now, simply because you can't chain grab with the down throw doesn't mean it's useless. If you watch some of Bombsoldier's videos versus Fox, you can see he uses dthrow-dsmash a lot...this is almost unstoppable, so I'd say abuse it as much as you can (without your opponent catching on of course ;) ).
to add to this statement: even a CPU lvl 1 DI's, so just forget it.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Dthrow-Dsmash on a Fox doesn't always work. The Fox can DI out of the range, and I also heard that the Fox can sometimes shine the Falco out of Dthrow

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
When I dthrow kdj, he wavedashes in front of me and shines before I can dsmash. The best option would be to wdash back fsmash or fsmash as plairnnk said. Some people don't do anything so you can do anything you want. Some people shield right away which allows you to grab again, some people just shine without moving/di and you can dsmash/fsmash. Even people that know what to do, if you do it quick and randomly a dsmash may work cause they can di the wrong way on accident though they might shine.

^Is the fthrow on bowser real... I haven't done it but it sounds like something the bowser can easily escape. But I don't really fight bowsers a lot so what do I know.

Falco doesn't have a chainthrow.

ApolloX54

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, fox can easily shine Falco out of a chain throw. I do it all the time....

Top Bottom