• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can charizard swim?

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
ive been wonderin 4 a long time if charizard can swim. ive seen many pt matches very little had water that u can swim in..the 1 that did see only squirtle went in the water.....does any know if charizard wont b ko'edif he gets wet?

Sess

Smash Rookie
He can swim but you can hear him grunt and get pissed off (obviously). He takes no percent damage for swimming.

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
i remember in the cartoon if you put out it's tail it will die. an ocean wont help it live

Sess

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen this on video as I have the game, but I could make a quick video for you in a second.

§leepy God

Smash Master
He was swimming in the anime and his flames surprisingly didn't go out. It's was also shown in a video that Charizard was swimming, (Sonic to, O_o)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
how long you can swim depends on how low your damage is. though, just by animations, squirtle looks a lot more comfortable in the water

peekay FLASH

Smash Rookie
Poor Charizard.
:C
Thats cool that they put extra thought into Charizard's reaction to the water though!

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
yesterday i had charizard swimming, i felt sooo sorry for him, he is my fav pokemon, i made sure to jump out asap. lol.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Thats weird that a fire pokemon can swim lol.
Plenty of Pokemon can actually go beyond their comfort zones, like open-flamed fire Pokemon in large bodies of water, rock Pokemon as well in water, plant Pokemon in fire, etc. The anime just makes it confusing because sometimes it's okay for them, sometimes it's strictly forbidden, like they'd die or something. Wether or not they can, this franchise is completely fictional, so our final thoughts should be: Anything is possible. Becuase technically, anything is, especially in the anime/movies.

Top Bottom