• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Anyone Rate My Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
Since I only know one person who is any good at Brawl (he doesn't even have the game), I''m just curious as to what other people think of my Link and how I could improve. Can anyone help here?

http://www.youtube.com/nostringsattachedprd

By the way, the older two videos, (Vs. Phil / Vs. Ganondorf on Halberd) are really old. Ignore those. Also, since I don't know anyone who plays Brawl apart from someone who I baredly see 4 or 5 times a year, all battles are against Lv. 9 CPUs. If I could have battled a human, I would. Items were on, but that was just for fun.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Didn't mean we'd Brawl.

I'm saying I'm not going to rate something against CPU's. - They can't really DI, they are predictable, they use an airdodge everytime they are put into hitstun, they can't utitlize AT's, they can't "predict" against you, etc.

It's like saying I beat my 1 year old brother who was eating his controller rather then playing, its just not worth rating.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I cannot get a point of your skill level without you fighting someone with a brain.

Beating an AI in a video game often takes far less skill then many of the "noobs" in the competitive scene.

Fate?

Smash Rookie
He just means if he did rate it, there would be no point, rating a fight against a comp wont show off your true competitive worth, nor anything about your playstyle, It can be hard at times (alot of people have bad situations like yours) but you have to keep waiting for your oppertunity to "shine". All computers are good for are small warm ups and practicing spacing, nothing more.

Havokk edit:

To avoid bumping this - this is basically why.

----cut thread V there

Jack_Shadow

Smash Rookie
There are a lot of Link mains in Britain, use the link finder, i think its around here somewhere. Im from Wales so lag wouldnt be a problem, unfortunately my WIFI is down atm, but jus look around for some for friendlies. Or get some of your mates onto brawl.

good luck. PM me if you need anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom