• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone offer steps to make a MegaMan.exe 3DS Mii lookalike?

darkchip1

Smash Rookie
NNID
darkchip1
They showed a really good face for him in the release trailer, but I can't figure out how to make it.
If anyone knows how to make it, or any other that closely resembles him as he looked in MMBN, could you outline the steps for me please?

Also, unrelated, but I actually started playing Mii Gunner again after the skin was announced. I tried to get into him beforehand, but was completely convinced he was a 100% trash character.
But with the skin announcement, I was adamant on figuring this character out, and I think I have something, but maybe someone could offer other tips?
I used to use 1131 when I convinced myself this char was trash. But I switched it up to 33x2, and I've been seeing decent amounts of success. I'm currently using 3312 for the vertical recovery, but 3322 is tempting for the reliable kill move from the up B. I do lose recovery big time, though. With this setup, I've found that I can play a ridiculously campy game with neutral B, down B and aerials, and dash attacks and grabs seem reliable for punishing bad landings from the opponent. I struggle a bunch to kill though, which makes the 2nd up B extremely tempting. Most of my kills usually come from getting the opponent to 160+ damage, and poking them with neutral B's off stage until they're gone, almost like a Duck Hunt who depends too much on the can (which is no good on him, and probably no good on Gunner). My up smash seems to launch the opponent too far before the final hitbox connects, and down smash depends on a hard read, where I'm better off just down tilting anyway.

Is this a decent approach to the character, or am I still doing it wrong?

Thanks for any tips you might have to offer

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Incoming wall of text

You have the right idea to rack up damage, but 160% seems a bit excessive. Gunner can be a pain to land KOs with because KO moves don't start working until the 100-135% mark and beyond. Camp, but if possible, get in some quick damage up close with jab/tilts/grab, then use fair's recoil to propel yourself away while firing another projectile.

When they get to high percents, try to use grenades/bombs/missiles/fair to get a reaction and set up a KO move depending on the percent. Rage can also help a little with KO'ing.

As tempting as up+b 2 is to use, use at your own risk. It's a double-edged sword in being another KO option (albeit one that's best used as a surprise attack)/edgeguard spike that comes out quicker than dair, is easier to land than sweetspotted dair, and attacks above you, but it comes out slowly and has terribad recovery. Missiles and bombs can give you a way to damage shields a little, and bombs can cover attacks from below if you find yourself in the air a lot.

Gunner can KO near the 100-110% mark off an fsmash read with the opponent backed to the edge or a dsmash read with gunner near the edge. Fsmash can catch rolling and spotdodges near the edge, dsmash can catch rolls behind you. Only go for this if you're in a situation you know you can land it, as both of these are easy to punish if you whiff or the opponent shields.

Around the 120-130% mark, a sweetspotted utilt, dtilt, or an offstage grenade can all KO. Uair can also kill off the top and catch airdodges due to its range and duration, but it's very possible for characters with quick dairs or nairs to nail you before you can get the shots off. Bombs can KO around 130-140% with the opponent in the air or offstage.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I made one.
EXE.png

You can edit it to change the height and weight / make any facial adjustments if necessary.

I made one.
View attachment 57595

You can edit it to change the height and weight / make any facial adjustments if necessary.
Thank you so much for this! There was something off about my own gunner, and the mouth/nose and a bit of eye positioning was it. As soon as I made this into a gunner and looked at this side-by-side with mine, I deleted my old one right away.

They showed a really good face for him in the release trailer, but I can't figure out how to make it.
If anyone knows how to make it, or any other that closely resembles him as he looked in MMBN, could you outline the steps for me please?

Also, unrelated, but I actually started playing Mii Gunner again after the skin was announced. I tried to get into him beforehand, but was completely convinced he was a 100% trash character.
But with the skin announcement, I was adamant on figuring this character out, and I think I have something, but maybe someone could offer other tips?
I used to use 1131 when I convinced myself this char was trash. But I switched it up to 33x2, and I've been seeing decent amounts of success. I'm currently using 3312 for the vertical recovery, but 3322 is tempting for the reliable kill move from the up B. I do lose recovery big time, though. With this setup, I've found that I can play a ridiculously campy game with neutral B, down B and aerials, and dash attacks and grabs seem reliable for punishing bad landings from the opponent. I struggle a bunch to kill though, which makes the 2nd up B extremely tempting. Most of my kills usually come from getting the opponent to 160+ damage, and poking them with neutral B's off stage until they're gone, almost like a Duck Hunt who depends too much on the can (which is no good on him, and probably no good on Gunner). My up smash seems to launch the opponent too far before the final hitbox connects, and down smash depends on a hard read, where I'm better off just down tilting anyway.

Is this a decent approach to the character, or am I still doing it wrong?

Thanks for any tips you might have to offer
I find 3322 not completely awful for recovery, since Gunner has a walljump when applicable. I don't really prefer it. I'm not worried about legality and such of moves.

If I'm going to an event, I'll see in advance if I can get EXE on the setups. If not, I won't bother with Gunner and will probably go solo Roy. If I can, I'll adapt to whatever height/weight/custom moves I need. For now, I'm using medium height/weight since it's the most comfy to me, seems the most accurate, and is a middle ground to adjust to anything. 2112 feels the most in-character and satisfying to me, so I use that.

I don't know what EVO was thinking on anything that isn't Brawler, honestly.

Top Bottom