• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone make 2.5 Lucario work at a tournament winning level?

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I've been working on lucario strategies for 3 weeks now, I'm gonna match up against Shadic later this week hopefully, see if I am on the right track. Edge chasing with his Dair is something that seems to be risky and rewarding for me, especially since you hover (as to not fall too far) and the hitbox is large, you can also Dair on the first frames of a jump and L-cancel, it's a great ground approach. Utilt on enemies coming off a ledge hang is also something that has had a high success rate for me.

Also, I can "kind of" WOP with fair, but, duh. Too bad you can't go into force palm with it (although that was SUPER cheap)

When you get the super meter up, down-b from the air into Nair is a good approach/kill/safe-recovery, especially if you hit on early frames

The boards desperately need a post 2.5 guide on lucario, hopefully I can make one next week.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Don't waste your time. The guy (think it was Shadic) just said Lucario got improvements... That's it. Lol. Still a fun podcast, though.
I know, I wasn't planning on watching it solely for that. SMYN is pretty cool.

Top Bottom