• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone find more frame data for rolls/dodges?

Donkeybutter

Smash Rookie
I've found data on Mario and Ganon's rolls, but besides that I would like to know if there's any more frame data floating around for rolls/spot dodges.

Just surprised that we have pretty much full frame data on attacks and everything else, but still almost nothing on rolls or spot dodges. If frame data doesn't exist for certain characters, would anyone be able to test and post it here?

Last edited:

Donkeybutter

Smash Rookie
Oh ok thanks for the info, I assumed the data was mined differently I just didn't know it was that much harder.

I don't actually own the game and just play it over my friend's every so often, but I've heard you can test things frame by frame in training? It would be nice if we could slowly compile the data one by one for characters that way, though I'm sure it would still be a time-consuming process for one character.

Last edited:
No, training does not provide reliable frame advance. Youre probably thinking of the mode that slows down speed and only advances the game when you press L. For one, it slows speed to 1/4 of what it normally is, so one 1F takes 4. Theres also the fact that even if you modified your data to compensate for this, its really improbable that you will be pressing L at precise intervals each time. One time you might press it so that the button is down for 0.5 seconds and the next you might press it so that its down for 0.67 seconds, etc.

Though what it does let you do is input multiple characters actions on the same frame. The way I got the data for FRoll intangibility was by inputting villagers roll and zss jab on the same frame (hold the buttons while the game is stopped, and keep them held while pressing L to advance). Her jab is F1, and since villager got hit, then that means roll intangibility does not begin on F1. Then I did that with a F2 action, then a F3 action, until finally villager avoided a F4 action. So that means roll intan kicks in on F4.

This is a pretty lengthy process too though. If and when Smash 4 is hackable, a frame advance code like the one brawl had will really help, if the files containing this information arent dumped by then.

Donkeybutter

Smash Rookie
Oh wow, that is way more complex than I assumed. It definitely would be nice if one could just advance frame by frame in training though, would make everyone's lives a lot easier lol.

Top Bottom