• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone explain to me Sheik's advantage over Olimar?

Phazonin

Smash Cadet
I use ZSS, Sheik, and Samus, with Wario, Zelda and Ike to a much lesser extent.

My ZSS and Samus can't really handle Olimar's, don't know why. I manage a little better with Sheik but not by much. What should I do to even the playing ground a little bit?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Wow, no one came in to tell you this?
You use an autocancelled nair to jab combo. Olimar has a special vulnerabilty on his grab, and it's weird and hard to explain, but if you short hop a nair, and he sheilds that nair, you can land on the ground and jab and he can't sheildgrab you. If he continues shielding, keep jabbing the shield until you've pushed him away a bit, then shorthop and nair again. (Usually they will reflexively try to shield grab you)

People have also reported success with nair to grab.

I don't think Sheik is the strongest counter to Olimar. In order, Olimar's worst matchups (a mi opinion):
Peach
Meta Knight
Luigi
ROB
Sheik
GW
Diddy
Jiggs

My training buddy mains Olimar... so yeah, that's why I'm overloading you a tad.

Olimar beats Samus really bad. Figured that out yet? Don't even try using Ike or Zelda.

demodemo

Smash Ace
I thought something with the nair, jab stuff was being argued about in the matchup thread, and i didn't read it so i was afraid to post about that lol.

plus, pops it is your responsibility since your friend mains olimar :p

Top Bottom