• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can any of Fox's aerials frame cancel

BradLeeTee

Smash Cadet
I'm talking about that tech where if you land your aerial and hit the ground on the first active frame your aerial will suffer no landing lag:
I need to know if it's possible so if any of you have managed to frame cancel any of Fox's aerials before please let me know because I've been having no luck on all of them so far...

Last edited:

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Everything but fair autocancels anyway, so even if they could there would be no point for most of them. Fair can't frame cancel, as far as I can tell, but it doesn't seem like it would be very useful if it could.

Bair, nair and uair autocancel at SH heights and above so really, there's no point checking those. It would be extremely situational at best.

I think dair can frame cancel. We've known since early on that it has much, much less landing lag when it hits, and when this video surfaced it was surmised that this was the result of a frame cancel, just one with a huuuuge window because it has multiple hits. This reduced lag is why dair->usmash and similar combos work (dair on it's own is hella laggy, unless you autocancel it, but then you won't get the right hits for the usmash combo).

BradLeeTee

Smash Cadet
Everything but fair autocancels anyway, so even if they could there would be no point for most of them. Fair can't frame cancel, as far as I can tell, but it doesn't seem like it would be very useful if it could.

Bair, nair and uair autocancel at SH heights and above so really, there's no point checking those. It would be extremely situational at best.

I think dair can frame cancel. We've known since early on that it has much, much less landing lag when it hits, and when this video surfaced it was surmised that this was the result of a frame cancel, just one with a huuuuge window because it has multiple hits. This reduced lag is why dair->usmash and similar combos work (dair on it's own is hella laggy, unless you autocancel it, but then you won't get the right hits for the usmash combo).
Hey thx for the reply man, I realized most would be useless anyways since Fox's aerials are almost lagless but I was curious about his BAir and UAir since I like using a fast falled UAir to punish grounded opponents and BAir since some characters are to short to get hit by the auto cancelled BAir.

Top Bottom