• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can a good Ness beat a good Pikachu?

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
I've tried and tried and I cannot find how Ness can beat Pikachu. I feel like it is impossible in all honesty. I don't even know who can beat a Pikachu. Someone please tell me if he has a good chance at beating Pika.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I've tried and tried and I cannot find how Ness can beat Pikachu. I feel like it is impossible in all honesty. I don't even know who can beat a Pikachu. Someone please tell me if he has a good chance at beating Pika.
Of course he can, Ness is Ground type after all.

Last edited:

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Yes.

What are your issues with Pikachu, specifically? This is a good place to ask for advice instead of posting an uninformative rage-filled rant.
I am not even raged. Don't understand where you would get that impression smart guy. So my comment included within this thread wasn't asking for any advice whatsoever on if Pikachu could be beaten by Ness? Stfu, u sound dumb. Idec anymore if he can be beaten or not. IMO he is an annoying and cheap character who can't be hit by bigger characters.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
A well timed fair should beat pika. Usually, Pikachus will be trying to fake you out with dash dances and nairs, but keep your distance and fair when you know he's coming. Should beat him. Also, it's always good to approach with nair during a Pikachu dash dance because it's unexpected, and messes up their whole game.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Alright
A well timed fair should beat pika. Usually, Pikachus will be trying to fake you out with dash dances and nairs, but keep your distance and fair when you know he's coming. Should beat him. Also, it's always good to approach with nair during a Pikachu dash dance because it's unexpected, and messes up their whole game.
thanks I will try this. I often use fairs but I guess I am using them at the wrong time.

Tails_Glados_Puff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Console ban tho
Alright

thanks I will try this. I often use fairs but I guess I am using them at the wrong time.
You need to fair well before they're near you. Nair is also good but requires better timing. You can always spam projectiles until they nair towards you and shield grab, or dodge to grab, but it's much harder.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pikachu is too fast for us to rely on pk fire in the long range

spaced fairs and nairs are the way to go

if pikachu relies too much on dash dancing, we can also throw him off with a dash attack

just play very defensively and make him chase you so that he runs into fairs

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
I am not even raged. Don't understand where you would get that impression smart guy. So my comment included within this thread wasn't asking for any advice whatsoever on if Pikachu could be beaten by Ness? Stfu, u sound dumb. Idec anymore if he can be beaten or not. IMO he is an annoying and cheap character who can't be hit by bigger characters.
just for the record, i dont think lordling was trying to call you out for ranting, in fact, he was thanking you for not ranting and trying to be helpful by saying this a good place for people to answer your question. I wouldnt attempt to call people out for sounding dumb when they were trying to be polite, especially as you just misinterpreted his statement entirely.

anyways, if you really think pika is cheap, then you definitely have a lot to learn about that character. Hes actually relatively similar to ness. hes got terrible range, good speed, and a projectile that functions relatively similar (at least in spacial terms, with the 45 degree angle from air). pikachu has much better mobility by a good margin (especially with quick attack cancels) but ness is better at zoning with his projectile, AND he has an effective way to deal with pikas projectile, whereas pika cant deal as well with pk fire. ness can out range pikas entire approach scheme between fair and pk fire except for pikas up smash, which is quite deadly. deadlier than fox's in fact. with his QACs he can stay relatively unpredictable, although he has to be relatively committed to come at you with it, so i reccomend trying to be patient and really work on anticipating his approach tactics, as well as not being confused by his quick movements. both characters have very good punish games once they get in, and both have reliable methods of doing so.

i could call this MU even, and I have a lot of experience in the MU as well to back my opinions up. its largely a matter of how you think and anticipate movements thats going to affect the outcome here.

Top Bottom