• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Camping ~ Legit, or it should quit?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Like I said, If I encounter another campy Wolf I'll just skull bash over to his side of the field which will probably cause him to retreat and continue camping from the opposite side. Eventually, that may make him stop camping.
Also, if I get f-smashed, I need to counter it better with shieldgrabbing. I'll play smarter next time.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Like I said, If I encounter another campy Wolf I'll just skull bash over to his side of the field which will probably cause him to retreat and continue camping from the opposite side. Eventually, that may make him stop camping.
Also, if I get f-smashed, I need to counter it better with shieldgrabbing. I'll play smarter next time.
wolf's lasers can stop skull bash and leave you open for punishment. maybe a quick attack string to move in and confuse him may work. plus with that you can go in over him and surprise the **** out of him. maybe even lead to a bthrow over the edge if you're lucky.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Lol Skull bash is brokedz. It only takes a short amount of time to charge and the lag is very high and easily stoppable by projectile moves. Plus its predictible and all they have to do in jump or block.

Easily the best move in the game.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Uhh guys...
You don't understand what I said at all. I meant I will skull-bash above him where he cannot reach me, NOT close to the ground. That's how I will get over to him. It would be safer that way than with QAC'ing.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Uhh guys...
You don't understand what I said at all. I meant I will skull-bash above him where he cannot reach me, NOT close to the ground. That's how I will get over to him. It would be safer that way than with QAC'ing.
i don't play pika, but an overhead approach would be bad too because of wolf's ridiculous up smash reach. you'll get punished with that kind of approach. of the ideas recommended, i do have to agree that a double jump -> neutral b -> dair seems like a good approach.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
FrozenPopo, I recall trying that exact same approach. It's ridiculously easy for a camping Wolf to counter that.
He has something called a reflector if you've never heard of it. Then it's pretty easy to avoid my dair and use its landing lag to land a far-reaching f-smash.

Thanks for the useless advice guys.
A few of you actually helped, though. I think I know now how to play smarter against annoying campers.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I shouldn't have bothered to ask in the first place. You guys know Wolf, but you don't know Pika. Asking was pointless- I see that now.

Yes, close this thread please.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
FrozenPopo, I recall trying that exact same approach. It's ridiculously easy for a camping Wolf to counter that.
He has something called a reflector if you've never heard of it. Then it's pretty easy to avoid my dair and use its landing lag to land a far-reaching f-smash.

Thanks for the useless advice guys.
A few of you actually helped, though. I think I know now how to play smarter against annoying campers.
if he uses the reflector then he's open for attack. if you can't even hurt him while he's unprotected then you deserve to get killed.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Not to hate, but instead of saying that we're useless why not go someplace where people will be able to help you out? Pika should be able to approach easy, neutralB in the air to bait reflector, and then go in right afterwards to punish its lag, if he rolls out of it (for some reason) then shieldgrab if you expect a fsmash, otherwise you're doing fine. Really, how hard can it be? Pikachu can approach fine, if anything it just takes some timing skills. Look at how anther approaches in some of his vids. And this wasn't even your original question, lol.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
If I use my thunder jolt when I'm far above him, he'll use reflector. If he can't safely use reflector without being punished, he won't use his reflector but will avoid it another safer way.
Either way it's not going to work.

I just need to bait him to attack, that's all. The suggestion of shieldgrabbing constantly is the best idea I've heard.
I probably didn't rely on it enough the first time.

And seriously, you guys can close the thread now. x_x

Sliq

Smash Master
Camping is a good way to stunt your growth as a player.

End thread.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
haha i use the b move religiously. like a bible, people hate it. its so **** good, you can even use it as a melee attack... 2good4u.

1337_w01f

Smash Rookie
lol thing bout camping is that only noobs do it, any decent player shuld b able to counter it fairly easily, ive tried camping numerous times and it usually ends up with some heavy punishment for me(wolf main), camping when nessecary is good but it generally shuld b limited since imo its dangerous in most situations, there are heaps of ways to get campers just improvise

Sliq

Smash Master
It's not like it's any stupider than listening to the guy that mains Bowser. :D Or Link, for that matter.
The logic police are here to arrest you for first degree murder, because you just killed my brain with your dumb.

Top Bottom