• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Camcorder Help Needed... record from tv?

Luigi player

Smash Master
I got a Camcorder for Christmas so I can record videos etc., but the instruction manual really sucks...
Well I just want to know how you can record directly from the tv. They said in a commercial that you can do it, and that it's like a video recorder but tiny and handy and such.
The instruction manual says nothing about it though, and I pressed all the buttons but nothing works to record from the tv... (of course I connected the cam to the tv, but the screen stays always black on the cam and I can't figure it out to make it work)

Thanks in advance :)

(I hope this is the right place to ask :/)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Thanks, but that doesn't work...

I have the cam at AV2, and if I switch to it I'm seeing on the tv what I normally see on the cam (just bigger and on the tv). And if I hit the record button I'm recording what is seen from the cam, but not from the tv. I started recording when I was not at the AV thing and on a normal channel, but it's not working...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Two lulz while researching your camcorder:

1) If you google 'DV330 "record from TV"' you get this thread on the boards!

2) The Sinowaay website has Barbie Girl as a download for you to use to test if your sound is working!

lulz.

Wow... well... let's see. Your camcorder is made by some Chinese company called Sinowaay. Apparently they're only 3 years old have some some tiny *** factory in China where they do all their stuff to sell to North America. I had never heard of them before today.

Anyway, their website is poorly put together, is incomplete, and isn't very helpful at all. the users guides they have for download are corrupt and won't open.

Long story short, it was probably a poor choice to buy from them. I bet it was cheap!

Anyway, without knowing anything about your camcorder, the way it should work is this:

The camcorder should have a cable that came with it (but maybe not) that will have composite cables on one end. (The red, yellow, and white cables) You have to plug that into the output of your TV. So go and look behind your TV for something called AV OUT or something similar. If you have a VCR hooked up to your TV it will almost certainly have one.

It won't work if you try to plug that cable into the front of your TV because that's an INPUT to your TV. That's where you plug stuff in to give your TV a signal, but we want to take it, not give it.

Then go and press 'record' while the TV is going and you're plugged into the TV. See what happens.

Luigi player

Smash Master
well, it was about 100 € (live in europe), because it was christmas, normally it would be about 150 I think.

And I got it from Teletip (tv commercial thing) that also has a shop and such, so I'm not sure.

Well, so my problem might only be that I put the AV cables in the front of my tv and not in the back (Wii is there)? Wow, I'm trying it now. I hope it works...

EDIT: It still doesn't work... it records what is seen through the cam.

Hmm... the cable from the cam doesn't has a red one, maybe that is needed? (but I don't think so, because why wouldn't they include it? >_>)

Top Bottom