• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling All Melee Survivors In Ottawa

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
The introduction of Barwl has devastated many melee communities worldwide, and Ottawa is no exception. The smash community in Ottawa has been leaning towards Barwl since release, slowly casting melee into the shadow. Although Barwl has a tremendous influence here in Ottawa, I feel the need to reinforce melee's scene is a must. For those of you who play Barwl, no hard feelings. Continue playing the game and having fun. But for those of you who remained loyal to melee like myself, this is the place to come to.

This thread is a place where we melee smashers can socialize, arrange smashfests/tournaments, meet new players, and hopefully help the community grow as a whole. Invite your friends, ask questions, talk about smash, and have fun!

This is BC AL, an Ice Climber/Marth main at a decent competitive level wishing for a good challenge of the survivors of melee in Ottawa!

Get@Will

Smash Champion
I heard that no one plays melee at all in Ottawa and that it's all Barwl over there. Good to see someone's trying to bring melee back. Good ****.

PND

Smash Champion
Actually, a lot of Ottawa still plays Melee -- we just focus on Brawl for the tourney scene. I know I still play a ton of Melee.

Once I move back to Ottawa, I'm totally down for more Melee stuff.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
holy ****, BC AL. I thought you died on us.

oh and by the way, we still play melee.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
PNDMike - sweet i ll be looking forwrd to it, after exams though...

Fogel - dunt u hold biweeklies and stuff?

Arsenic - loll i thought u guys were into brawl ALOT? thats probably the main reason i didnt go for a while

Fogel

Smash Lord
PNDMike - sweet i ll be looking forwrd to it, after exams though...

Fogel - dunt u hold biweeklies and stuff?

Arsenic - loll i thought u guys were into brawl ALOT? thats probably the main reason i didnt go for a while
Yes, but there are usually people playing Melee for the first couple of hours until the biweekly starts. You usually have to leave early anyways, right? Also, smashfests usually have a Melee TV going the whole time.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but there are usually people playing Melee for the first couple of hours until the biweekly starts. You usually have to leave early anyways, right? Also, smashfests usually have a Melee TV going the whole time.
oh really? kk im thinking of going THIS week or NEXT week for sure...if thats ok with u guys, same time like at 5? u didnt move anywhere right?

Fogel

Smash Lord
does anyone come at 5? cuz i remember sometimes ppl would only show up until 7
Yeah, people generally don't show up until pretty late. Randy sometimes shows up at 5, and Blitz (Melee guy that you probably haven't met) is also sometimes early though. You might get lucky!

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, people generally don't show up until pretty late. Randy sometimes shows up at 5, and Blitz (Melee guy that you probably haven't met) is also sometimes early though. You might get lucky!
aite sounds sweet, im also bringing a friend too, he told me he knows u guys, he uses the tag MANA and his names alex
we ll probably come 2 weeks from now

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Melee 4ever, and I fight host some smashfests at my house for pure melee .

Oh yeah Fogel so there melee before every bi weekly?

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Go for it, but it will consit of like 3 people, 5 if you include SAUS and I, 6 if you count Cam.

7 if you count Cbone

10 if you count the KPP

13 if you count Tect, Shuriken, and GanonPwn

yeah

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
Sweet i got it

This is ontarios power ranking

1. SAUS
2. Everyone else

kk no seriously, lets organize something for a melee power rankings :p

Top Bottom