• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling all Koopalings!

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Hey fellow Koopalings I need your help. I just got my hands on a capture card and I want to make a highlight video on the Koopalings. I can't do this alone though I need other Koopalings to help by submitting clips to me. I mean I need everyone; that includes you @Tweek.

Of course there are some guidelines to submitting clips.

1. No more then 3-5 clips submitted by one player at a time. These will allow me to easily keeps track of my work easily and will make it easier to leave no clips behind. That's not to say you can't submit more clips later, just make sure I'm finished with someone else. Also sorry 3DS users but I can't accept them at the moment.

2. No For Glory clips. The only time I will allow FG clips is if they are super extra deluxe spicy turbo. Other then that you have free range and you can even send me tournament vods if you want, they don't have to be replays.

3. If you have a clip to submit to me you will either need to send me a PM or add me on Skype (RiDEL_Puff). If you are already in the Bowser Jr. Skype Group, just contact me there and I will add you. If you have tournament vods or clips that are already uploaded to YouTube, just send me a link and I will grab them. If you have a replay to send to me you will need to add me to your friends list. I don't wanna be bombarded with random request and lose track of people so I will send you my NNID in a PM. Lowly_RiDEL is my 3DS NNID so you can't use that. Once you have sent me the replay make sure to tell me what I'm looking for or I could get lost. Remember you can have more then one highlight in a clip so keep that in mind when submitting.

4. Be as creative as possible, and don't be afraid if one clip doesn't make it! Just do your best and I will do my best to try and include you in the video.

5.I will be accepting clips until November 30th, 2015 because that's when I will begin the editing processes. If there aren't enough clips submitted by then, then I will simply extend the date by a week or two. There is no rush but I would really like to get this out as soon as possible so I'm gunna need as many players as possible. Once editing begins I'm gunna need music suggestions from y'all so I'll inform you guys when that becomes available.

If you submit a clip I will make sure to credit you in the video and your name will forever be known to the Koopaling nation.

Alright so those are the guidelines, be sure to follow them it will make my life 20X easier and will get this video out faster.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
count me in on this!...

sad that you said this now and not before the replays were broken, cause I had something really nice!
Yeah sorry I just got the capture card, I lost a lot of my sweet clips as well.

CocoaCannon

Smash Rookie
NNID
CocoaCannono
Count me in, I think I've got a clip or two I can show off. I'll try uploading them to youtube later :4bowserjr:. Also just wondering how you're gonna go about crediting, like putting the username in the corner of the screen of whose clip it is, or just having their name put at the end or something?

FlabbyOrb

Smash Cadet
NNID
amacadaeg
2 Questions

1.) Why no For Glory clips?

2.) What if the clip was recorded with a camera but still looks good?

i only found out about the upload to youtube feature after the last patch because im dumb

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Count me in, I think I've got a clip or two I can show off. I'll try uploading them to youtube later :4bowserjr:. Also just wondering how you're gonna go about crediting, like putting the username in the corner of the screen of whose clip it is, or just having their name put at the end or something?
Both. Just give me your tag in a PM and I will label it with you clips.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
2 Questions

1.) Why no For Glory clips?

2.) What if the clip was recorded with a camera but still looks good?

i only found out about the upload to youtube feature after the last patch because im dumb
1. Cause FG is generally filled with bad players and a lot of combos could just come from the fact that the opponent has terrible decision making. You can do FG clips but they better be damn impressive.

2. I really want to make this as professional as possible. That's why I don't want 3DS clips cause I have no way of capturing footage of it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Would be interesting if you hadn't excluded For Glory footage for arbitrary reasons. Meh.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Would be interesting if you hadn't excluded For Glory footage for arbitrary reasons. Meh.
It's not really arbitrary. A lot of players really don't like to see FG clips in combo vids because the players within it aren't really that good. I never said you couldn't do them I just want to avoid as many as possible because if I were to do it that way 90% would probably be FG cause that's where most people train (even though it is probably the worst way to train).

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
the FG shouldnt really be excluded. sure that you can find bad people/people not knowing the meta, but that doesnt mean you can find good people that can put a decent fight or true competivite gems.
truth to be told, I have met more competivite gems than bad people.

but again, its up to your "opinion" of the replay/recording we sent to you if they can keep up the race (due you are the editior), For Glory Clips or Not

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
the FG shouldnt really be excluded. sure that you can find bad people/people not knowing the meta, but that doesnt mean you can find good people that can put a decent fight or true competivite gems.
truth to be told, I have met more competivite gems than bad people.

but again, its up to your "opinion" of the replay/recording we sent to you if they can keep up the race (due you are the editior), For Glory Clips or Not
If you guys really want FG clips I can include them. I just don't want too many of them.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Duh guys I thought you would be sending clips? Also ban lifted on FG clips.

Last edited:

eagle_master

Smash Cadet
NNID
roustik
3DS FC
2852-7293-3760
Lost my Gc adapter while moving :urg: so this is the best I can get by using the gamepad (1:15 is the time) also the reason for the UpB craziness it's because I was practicing my hammer timing.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Ridel Ridel I'm interested! A little late to the party, but I'll send you a PM later tonight! I'll probably ask for your Skype since I've been wanting to join the group too!

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Ha that's ****ing great FlabbyOrb FlabbyOrb that's definitely going in. Too bad it's a bit to long to include the slick little mech --> u-smash though.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
got a pretty nice "3 Hit FAirs to the Deathbound" that I want to send in. its aleast something and I am proud of that moment

have it uploaded but I do waiting for sending it in for Omni's top 5 of the week on week 11 I think

Last edited:
Top Bottom