• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling all Caring Capture Card Carriers (C4)

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Boy do I enjoy good alliteration.

So, I have been helping run board tournaments for the Link mains and something just dawned on me. Sometimes a person has great gameplay but no way to record it in a reasonable amount of time or at a reasonable quality. BUT... I know there are people out there with capture cards. The question is... would anyone here be willing to start a service for the rest of your fellow Pac-Mains to record High-Quality gameplay footage? In other words, "are any C4 currently capable of catering to the community"?

Here's how I figure this would work.

If you have a capture device of some sort you could add your details here and then be able to take requests from the local community. Some things you might want to include:
  • System(s) you can capture from
  • Friend code / NNID (if not in profile of course)
  • Requirements for your services such as
    • Match type
    • Rules used
    • Player experience

If you have a request of some sort you could add details here and then see if one of the C4 takes up your request. Some things you might want to include:
  • System your replay(s) is(are) on
  • Friend code / NNID (please be courteous and include this even if it is in your profile)
  • Match type
  • Rules used
  • Characters and Players involved
  • Match length
  • Date of replay

Don't worry about becoming over loaded with requests. I don't expect anyone to take on all requests and I don't think it would be appropriate for any requester to do so either. I think the clearest way to handle this would be for the C4 to reply to the requester through the actual 'reply' button. Working out the details of the transfer and so on can be decided via PM or any other means. If it suits you, go ahead and work it out here if that's easiest.

Once a request is complete please consider sharing the finished product with the community. I think I know of a great place to post the video. :shades:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't have the greatest quality device, but it gets the job done.

NNID: Fromundaman
Can only capture from a WiiU

I will warn that I am overburdened with other stuff atm, so I probably won't be able to really devote much time to this for the next week or so.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So with the patch allowing replay sharing, this should be restarted.

Also I now have access to an Elgato, so high def recordings are possible.

Top Bottom