• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

California Smash 64 tournament in October 2014

Stonefallow

Smash Cadet
We have a few smash brothers enthusiasts here in Fresno California, and we're very eager to setup a tournament.

This will be our first tournament we have organized. We are still determining what our venue will be although we will probably wind up renting out a room somewhere. The number of players will be determined after we get some responses. I will be updating this thread periodically when I have dates, times, and a facebook page to sign up on. I will also present rules for the tournament. (You should bring your own controller, although some older ones will be available if you cannot)

Please let me know if anyone is interested in this happening.

syPHILys

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm going to be gone the second half of October though, unfortunately

bowl

Smash Cadet
I will be in San Jose for about a month from Sept 28th to Oct 25th for work, if its not too far I may be able to come.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
We have a few smash brothers enthusiasts here in Fresno California, and we're very eager to setup a tournament.

This will be our first tournament we have organized. We are still determining what our venue will be although we will probably wind up renting out a room somewhere. The number of players will be determined after we get some responses. I will be updating this thread periodically when I have dates, times, and a facebook page to sign up on. I will also present rules for the tournament. (You should bring your own controller, although some older ones will be available if you cannot)

Please let me know if anyone is interested in this happening.

there's a thing tuesdays and thursdays in SF, You should try to get your crew to go to that. hit up @ duncs duncs but he rarely checks the boards and i don't know the facebook link.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Last edited:

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I believe you are referring to this:
https://www.facebook.com/showdownesports

Basically play video games at a bar. Did not know they do thursdays now as well as tuesdays.

Yeah they just changed it to tues./thurs. like last week. not sure if same capacity though since I left SF the weekend before thursdays started.

But anyways you guys should go maybe some of the SF heads will go and you'll get rekt and learn something. I played Ballin there even though he got there late lol but still a good experience. and maybe you won't get rekt, maybe you'll be the ones doing the reking.

Beesy

Smash Apprentice
Great! Thanks for the info! We're also looking for all the doubles competition we can get. (we <3 dubs)

duncs

Smash Apprentice
@ bowl bowl @ B Beesy if you're homies of @ stylisland stylisland then you're homies of mine. I pretty much run the 64 scene on Tuesday nights there and I'd be happy to show you guys a good time if you did and try to get some of the local bay area players there too. It's usually just myself and @Blade689 aka Drunk-e-ness there with a few medium level players and ransoms. It's always a fun time regardless of who shows up, consider it. Message me here or PM if you need more info.

@ ballin4life ballin4life lemme know if you end up going down and we can get a few people on board to pitch in for gas and have a nice little Norcal crew go

Top Bottom