• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cahalan's Artistic Endeavors & More {New Logbook Entry Available}

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
That CSS is great! I have a question: how did you get the rid of the names on the CSS character icons? I've tried removing their textures, but they keep showing up as grey and transparent-ish in-game.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
just pasting over an existing image in a image editing program like Paint.NET shouldn't increase the filesize.
As for the colored backgrounds.... I legit got the base colors from Smash 3's progress chart and added a gradient.
The gradient starts from the center of the image and goes straight up for 90 pixels (it's a color gradient).
thanks!
and darn i don't know how to do that. I'll just go for the normal purple PM boxes i guess then

Cahalan

Smash Ace
That CSS is great! I have a question: how did you get the rid of the names on the CSS character icons? I've tried removing their textures, but they keep showing up as grey and transparent-ish in-game.
Now that, I sadly forgot. Try searching around though, I'm sure you'll find a lead some somewhere.

Edit: wait a minute, I had a quote from Narpas_Sword that had the steps.

1) Go into projectm>pf>system>common5.pac and open the file with Brawl Box.
2) Go into sc_selcharacter_en and then to MiscData[30]
3) There you will find a tab that says "AnmChr", expand that.
4) Search for the file named "MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0", expand that as well
5) Click on "nameEA7" and write -100 on Translation -> Y

Try this. It should work.

Note: Now that the Common 5 is empty af, just start from step 2.

UltimateHylian UltimateHylian

Last edited:

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Now that, I sadly forgot. Try searching around though, I'm sure you'll find a lead some somewhere.

Edit: wait a minute, I had a quote from Narpas_Sword that had the steps.

1) Go into projectm>pf>system>common5.pac and open the file with Brawl Box.
2) Go into sc_selcharacter_en and then to MiscData[30]
3) There you will find a tab that says "AnmChr", expand that.
4) Search for the file named "MenSelchrFaceI_TopN__0", expand that as well
5) Click on "nameEA7" and write -100 on Translation -> Y

Try this. It should work.

Note: Now that the Common 5 is empty af, just start from step 2.

UltimateHylian UltimateHylian
Thanks for the reply! I'll try this out tomorrow. Will update with the results.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
SOON (TM)

golden sounds.png

Redone versions of the Battle theme, Venus/Mercury Lighthouse, and Lost Age's Boss theme coming soon!

Last edited:

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
Hey I just wanted to report a bug with your CSS,
Any time I play boss battles with this css it freezes, it will let me select my character and go to the first boss and defeat them but the moment it tries to load the all star rest room it crashes the game
I'm really unsure how this happens but it only happens when I have this CSS installed
Other than that I'm really enjoying it though, keep up the great work!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Hey I just wanted to report a bug with your CSS,
Any time I play boss battles with this css it freezes, it will let me select my character and go to the first boss and defeat them but the moment it tries to load the all star rest room it crashes the game
I'm really unsure how this happens but it only happens when I have this CSS installed
Other than that I'm really enjoying it though, keep up the great work!
So what version of the CSS were you trying to use.... just asking.
And also if it's the PMEX version, be sure that you have the latest version of that build and have properly used the CSSRoster.dat

If all else fails, get a fresh build installed on a FAT32 formated SD card and see if this occurs again.

Last edited:

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
So what version of the CSS were you trying to use.... just asking.
And also if it's the PMEX version, be sure that you have the latest version of that build and have properly used the CSSRoster.dat

If all else fails, get a fresh build installed on a FAT32 formated SD card and see if this occurs again.
It's the vPM version, i tried it on another sd card i had with completely vanilla pm to ensure that it was this file in particular that was causing it and it still happened.. very strange

Cahalan

Smash Ace
It's the vPM version, i tried it on another sd card i had with completely vanilla pm to ensure that it was this file in particular that was causing it and it still happened.. very strange
hmmm..... are you sure you didn't add anything to the file? Like extra costumes and such

because if not, this is a peculiar bug I'll have to investigate.

Unless it's a matter of space/file size. The CMPR version is recommended for large builds/a quick and easy installation with no hassle.

Last edited:

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
hmmm..... are you sure you didn't add anything to the file? Like extra costumes and such

because if not, this is a peculiar bug I'll have to investigate.

Unless it's a matter of space/file size. The CMPR version is recommended for large builds/a quick and easy installation with no hassle.
I tried it both with and without any extra costumes i added to it, as well as both the CMPR and C18 versions, It's so weird to me because it actually loads the css when you enter boss battles mode completely fine but when you get to the all star rest room it freezes, somewhere where I wouldn't even imagine the game would load it but it's definently this file

Cahalan

Smash Ace
hmmmmmmm....

I'll look into this bug soon.

Thanks btw for telling me about this. I wonder if others are reporting the same issue.

Worst Case scenario is that if this issue is just pertaining to you and your case, the save file may've been corrupted (not caused by the CSS fyi) before you added the CSS. Key note symptoms include crashing when selecting battlefield in my music.

In other news, if you've downloaded Golden Sounds before May 26th, 2016, please re-download as tracks have been updated.

Reason: after some advice, the tracks have been "humanized"; making them sound more natural and less robotic.

And yes, 19XX will receive the same treatment.... with some extras thrown in (Still no Duel Zone).

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The last song for 19XX's huge update is done, so expect it soon.

Super Smash Bros. Turbo.png

skylanderszach

Smash Cadet
I used your 19XX pack in Project M and the music is very very quite. It is almost impossible to hear it.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I used your 19XX pack in Project M and the music is very very quite. It is almost impossible to hear it.
You must be referring to the old version of the pack, which is getting updated very soon.

But aside from that, have you tried adjusting the music/sfx balance slider? That might alleviate your problem.

A more focused solution is to use a brstm volume code and find out what the hexadecimal ids of the replaced songs are and tinker with the volume value to your taste.
Some searching around in the sub forum would lead you to the code.

Of course, this issue could be subjective and vary between users, so to each their own.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
SOON
19XX 2.0.png

Now with 9 additional new songs, making for 23 in total!

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
It's finally here.....

The updated version of 19XX is now available! Same download link as before.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Not dead, just busy. Why? AP Calculus, feel free to pray for me. :)

Here's some text to keep you hyped in the mean time:

19XX is getting an overhaul. Some songs from previous versions will not be included this time around. As compensation, new songs are planned. No Duel Zone tho. :(

Golden Sounds is getting more songs.... and I think a melody is being included (If it doesn't suck).

A mysterious 3rd pack is in the works... lots of turtle soup. ;)

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Music wasn't the only thing I was working on... ;)

Kudos to Hedgie Hedgie for lending a hand with the Dolphin Previews!

Did I mention I included my hoard of Smash 3 Icons that work with this?

And if you're triggered by the cropping of the icons, a future update will cater to your audience as well. :p
Just not anytime soon, there's still music to be released down the line... and a break!

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Koopa Chaos.png

Download Here.

A Surprise release! This is a BRSTM pack I've been cooking on-&-off for the past few months. As to why it came out just now.... blame AP Calculus. :p

Also if you haven't known already, I have a text chat in the Custom Smash Discord, so check up on it for updates once you get invited to join that server (And get Discord already, it's amazing).

Another huge change is that I now have a Sound Cloud account. I currently have no plans to get unlimited uploads, so in the future all BRSTM packs will have a long "preview track" that will have snippets of most (if not all) of the songs featured.

Like this one.

Edit: If you've DL'd the pack and had problems with one of the songs "popping", that should now be fixed. Please Re-download to get the fix.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
It's been a long time since I've posted here (Blame Discord and the Modding Workshop Server).

But here's some news:

CSS has been updated, enjoy Some new Smash 3 icons and their Widescreen made variants.

In the Music Department, expect to see some of my stuff pop up in a few builds *cough*Minus*cough*; I hear Gold is in style again.

19XX is still fr*cken huge af and will be awhile before one of four updates due to quality up-keep.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
1 Month Later, what's new?

A new set of icons for an updated Smash 3C Sonic:
brawl sonic.png
brawl sonic.png

Look to the stars for a neat detail added to the Background Animation of the CSS! ;)

Available now! :O

Also, I have been working closely with some pretty major builds for the past year or so. You've already seen the awesome CSS Background for LXP, but be on the look out for more of my stuff popping up here and there. I hear some of the new tracks from Golden Sounds' upcoming update made it into a particularly broken custom build. ;)

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Again, been very busy with school so time is of the essence for me... with that being said, here's a Golden Sounds Revamp! :D
Golden Sounds.png

Cahalan

Smash Ace
BUT WAIT THERE"S MORE! :)

Retro Remix is what you'd call an iterm release between a long awaited revamp that's still in the works.
But don't count it out just yet, because these 3 songs are really superb in quality in terms of what I've don in the past.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
It's a first for me, an actual "stage"! :O

Duel Zone.png

Theytah's N64 Battlefield needed some love for that background, so I did what any sane person would do: Fight in the Damn Vortex.

Last edited:
Top Bottom