• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cactuar dash or wavedash out of a run?

Flaker

Smash Rookie
So, basically in this video, PewPewU explains that we can cancel a run by crouching, and then perform a dash out of the crouch. However, wouldn't it be better to just wavedash out of the run, and then dash?

Or, are both moves viable options depending on the situation?

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
Well, I haven't really tested it, but I would assume it's a matter of positioning

Clearly, wd would be the more efficient option if you are looking to perform say, a dtilt (if you haven't done so out of the run cancel already)

Dashing is more beneficial for a matchup where the control of space and a tight neutral is required. You can dashdance immediately, whereas wd would leave you open, or not allow you to turn around.

One thing I use dash out of cd for is when I smash someone offstage. I run to the ledge, rc, and dash back so I am facing away from the ledge, and do a quick wd to ledge.

Like I said it depends. I'll probably look more into it.

beetlebomber

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-3406-7424
Marth's movement is amazing because he has all of these options, and they are all solid.

So for example if you want to dd way outside your current dash dance range, you use the run cancel > new dash.

The importance of doing run cancel is that it opens up your dtilt, jab, etc. in a few frames, and opens up your dash dance again.

If you are simply trying to get to the other side of the stage as fast as possible, dash wd dash is faster, and then you are in dash dance again. Options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom