• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C4 Tricks

Jackson

Smash Lord
I'm looking to flesh out my Snake, and I understand the C4 is a very versatile projectile. What are some uncommon tricks you can do with it? The main thing I'm wondering is how to stick it to the ledge.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I'm not too familiar with how P:M C4 works, but you can place is on walls and breversing it should be less of a commitment than breversing a nade. Breversing C4 is also a tad bit harder though. I honestly think if you just watch Brawl Snakes you could get some ideas from them, because i'm sure most of the same tricks apply with C4 and nades.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I'm not too familiar with how P:M C4 works, but you can place is on walls and breversing it should be less of a commitment than breversing a nade. Breversing C4 is also a tad bit harder though. I honestly think if you just watch Brawl Snakes you could get some ideas from them, because i'm sure most of the same tricks apply with C4 and nades.
Alright. I wouldn't play Snake in PM anyway. So can you put C4 on the ledge by jumping off the stage and b reversing back on?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
You mostly don't want to put it on a wall in most situations, because you have to risk going off stage for that. If you're on Delphino(RIP), PS1, or Frigate(RIP) they have walls where you can place a C4 on them safely. I would say that putting C4s on platforms is usually the optimal placement for them given that people can't seem them most of the time because of the camera angle. There are stages where you can still be tricky with their placement onstage though. PS1's black lines is an example of that. You can also place C4s where they are hanging off the ledge just slightly to make them hard to see. A good deal of the time you don't even have to be tricky with them visually though. Sometimes just having that constant threat of a hit box in a certain place on a stage can be all you need to wall someone out or apply a lot of pressure. Also when recovering high you can drop a C4 while off screen to throw people off. All it requires is that you can keep track of it. It's part of the reason why people like to turn the volume up on T.V.s against Snake players lol. That's all I have off of the top of my head. I'll post more if I remember more.

Jackson

Smash Lord
You mostly don't want to put it on a wall in most situations, because you have to risk going off stage for that. If you're on Delphino(RIP), PS1, or Frigate(RIP) they have walls where you can place a C4 on them safely. I would say that putting C4s on platforms is usually the optimal placement for them given that people can't seem them most of the time because of the camera angle. There are stages where you can still be tricky with their placement onstage though. PS1's black lines is an example of that. You can also place C4s where they are hanging off the ledge just slightly to make them hard to see. A good deal of the time you don't even have to be tricky with them visually though. Sometimes just having that constant threat of a hit box in a certain place on a stage can be all you need to wall someone out or apply a lot of pressure. Also when recovering high you can drop a C4 while off screen to throw people off. All it requires is that you can keep track of it. It's part of the reason why people like to turn the volume up on T.V.s against Snake players lol. That's all I have off of the top of my head. I'll post more if I remember more.
Thanks, platforms definitely seem effective.

Taco Emperor

Smash Rookie
To add to what Ralph said, if possible, always place the C4 on a lower platform, like the Smashville platform or the lower Battlefield platforms. The C4 has a smaller downwards hitbox that will extend below the platform, so that many characters who try to go below the platform can be hit if you time it right. This is really effective on the Smashville platform because the platform is moving, making the C4 harder to pinpoint for the other guy.
I'm afraid that's all I have right now, but I hope it's helpful.

Jackson

Smash Lord
To add to what Ralph said, if possible, always place the C4 on a lower platform, like the Smashville platform or the lower Battlefield platforms. The C4 has a smaller downwards hitbox that will extend below the platform, so that many characters who try to go below the platform can be hit if you time it right. This is really effective on the Smashville platform because the platform is moving, making the C4 harder to pinpoint for the other guy.
I'm afraid that's all I have right now, but I hope it's helpful.
Good stuff. I've incorporated it into my game and it really can nab some surprise kills.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
As an MK player, I hate the C4. That's all I've got.

Top Bottom